Devils 2019 offseason team discussion (news and notes) IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
"Unnamed Sources" are so freaking cowardly...Hiding in the shadows never having to answer questions for anything. If true step up and speak your mind, if not ****.

It's really worse than that, I have no idea whether to remotely believe it or not due to the fact I'm not one of those people naive enough to not question the "unassailable integrity" of modern day reporters.

Yeah, Hertl ended up with the C "responsibilities" beyond the faceoffs because he's better at this stage in his career than Pavelski at that stuff

I liked Hertl before it was cool. Love everything about that guy's game.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I think Pavelski would be a great add. I believe that the Devils should target a center to play wing. That way you can switch out Hughes against “heavy teams”, when he needs a break (if his game tails off) , or important zone faceoffs. Plus, the value of adding another established Vet to mentor our young players.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Veselka on 2nd Ave and 9th St in the city. A 60 or 70 some-odd year old Ukrainian restaurant which was my go to drunken late night spot in my 20's.

Who knew they'd be just as good sober for lunch in my 30's?

How's Wiselka?

Well Wiselka in Garfield was my go to Polish club in late 90's. Met my wife, and tons of girls there back then. Still exists as a lunch/dance place.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
When I hear "sources say", I listen, and then I generally dismiss everything I just heard.

"Unnamed Sources" are so freaking cowardly...Hiding in the shadows never having to answer questions for anything. If true step up and speak your mind, if not ****.

It's really worse than that, I have no idea whether to remotely believe it or not due to the fact I'm not one of those people naive enough to not question the "unassailable integrity" of modern day reporters.

Let’s not act like major events have never been revealed by an anonymous source...

Journalism 101, you protect your sources, if you expose them you will never get a scoop from them or others again. The accuracy comes from getting fact checked by their peers. Higher the accuracy leads to trusted and respected publications and news corporations. It’s up to the reader to know who the author of the article is to establish if it is legitimate or not and to not give any yahoo who writes an article with zero credibility any exposure. The lack of accountability by the reader is what leads to actual fake news being spread.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think Pavelski would be a great add. I believe that the Devils should target a center to play wing. That way you can switch out Hughes against “heavy teams”, when he needs a break (if his game tails off) , or important zone faceoffs. Plus, the value of adding another established Vet to mentor our young players.

It's just not happening. Pavelski wants to Bourque his way to a Cup, he needs a more immediate contender - that's why he's talking to Tampa and Dallas among others.

I used to hate July 1 because I would think "who are we gonna lose" ! things are different now

Yeah we don't actually have anyone to lose this year unlike most July 1's, Shero traded all the pending FA's cause we were so bad. Although people will act like we lost Hall if he doesn't sign by July 2.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
What do we think of Anders Lee? I personally think hes a bit overrated as a goal scorer just because of the guys he plays with but if you can put him on the 2LW with Hughes and Bratt we could have two very dynamic and balanced top two lines. This also allows us to have an absolutely disgusting shutdown line of Zacha-Zajac-Coleman. The only thing that would really make me super hesitant about signing him would be term because I don't see him as a guy that falls off slowly.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
yes

but the national guys said to start expecting news to trickle in as far as deals this weekend

So when's anyone gonna get called on tampering, when we leak something pre-Monday afternoon? Or is this just another silly gentleman's agreement where they all ignore the whole 'not supposed to negotiate terms' of the interview period?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So when's anyone gonna get called on tampering, when we leak something pre-Monday afternoon? Or is this just another silly gentleman's agreement where they all ignore the whole 'not supposed to negotiate terms' of the interview period?
"Spirit of the CBA" hard at work as always.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
What do we think of Anders Lee? I personally think hes a bit overrated as a goal scorer just because of the guys he plays with but if you can put him on the 2LW with Hughes and Bratt we could have two very dynamic and balanced top two lines. This also allows us to have an absolutely disgusting shutdown line of Zacha-Zajac-Coleman. The only thing that would really make me super hesitant about signing him would be term because I don't see him as a guy that falls off slowly.

Big, heavy hitter that will be able to protect the kids. He's a bit of a power forward though, can he maintain his style of play without Lucic'ing it up? Could we add a player like Lee without destroying our salary cap.

Those are two legitimate questions I would have I would have regarding the player. Personally I just have a bad feeling that whoever signs that contract is gonna regret it, in the same way we did with Clowe and Cammalleri.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad