Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) in limbo part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
What are you talking about? Do you remember the entire series? A 1-0 lead in any game in that series usually meant nothing for them. The Rangers weren’t doing nothing in that series against the Kings. They blew multi-goal leads in at least a couple of those games from what I remember, because they got outshot by a ton in most of those games.

2-0 lead in game 1, lost 3-2 in OT and outshot 43-27.

Another 2-0 lead in game 2 and 3-1 and 4-2 leads, lost 5-4 in regulation. Outshot 44-38.

Lost game 3 by a 3-0 shutout.

Won game 4 by a 2-1 score.

Lost game 5 by a 3-2 score in OT. Led that game 2-1 at one point and got outshot 51-30 in almost 95 minutes of play.

They got stomped on by the Kings worse than we did two years before that.

Lundqvist had one of his best playoff series that round and they still lost in 5 games. They had no chance in that series. None.

I was wonder why you were talking about the rangers and I saw that I posted the wrong link.

that was the one I meant. The whistle should’ve blown on Marty’s goal there or at least review for interference

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was wonder why you were talking about the rangers and I saw that I posted the wrong link.

that was the one I meant. The whistle should’ve blown on Marty’s goal there or at least review for interference

Ah, my fault. I apologize.

I remember this too and something very similar also went in favor of the Kings against the Sharks in game 6 of the first round in 2014. The series where the Kings came back and reverse swept the Sharks.

Only in that game, there was one angle that distinctly showed the puck behind Stalock’s pads before they whacked it in. I think Marty had full control of that one.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Idk which side he will play or prefer at the NHL level but Ive gotta assume a lot is expected of Ty Smith next season

Two years in a row he barely didnt make the squad and then goes on to win WHL and CHL defenseman of the year both times.

Im not saying I or others should expect Charlie McAvoy level difference making his rookie year - but ill be damned if I dont expect him to enter and be comfortable in a top-4 role by seasons end

Reactions: Billdo

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
@My3Sons makes any Lovejoy conversation sticky enough :laugh:
Yeah it's almost creepy !
Bz8K1-1469468286-5068-list_items-giphy-%2847%29.gif

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Love that design. For whatever reason, I'm really not a big fan of DaveArt masks, and it's nice to see other styles that I like.
DaveArt generally sucks. There is usually way too much going on. I prefer simplistic masks but this one I def dig. This one also ISN'T a DaveArt mask so that's probably why we like it lol.

Reactions: Nubmer6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad