Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Obviously people will always find something to whine about, but if the subject is ”4th line winger” I think we’ve come a long way and have a good team to watch.
People definitely whine a lot (and whine about the whining), but put me down in favor of playing good players over bad players. This probably has more to do with the back to backs because Jesper clearly and obviously brings more than Hayden.

Reactions: Hisch13r

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
I have no issues with Hayden playing game 1 against a strong team like the Jets. We have a back to back against a softer team in Buffalo and I fully expect Boqvist to come in for Hayden and Rooney to come in for Zacha after Pav only having 1 pre-season game.

Hall is coming back off an injury and Gusev has never played in the NHL before. There will be plenty of chances to get Boqvist time even if no injuries pop up.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I have no issues with Hayden playing game 1 against a strong team like the Jets. We have a back to back against a softer team in Buffalo and I fully expect Boqvist to come in for Hayden and Rooney to come in for Zacha after Pav only having 1 pre-season game.

Hall is coming back off an injury and Gusev has never played in the NHL before. There will be plenty of chances to get Boqvist time even if no injuries pop up.

Idk why they would need to healthy scratch Zacha for Rooney. Rooney is the 14th forward -- so he should be there for injury replacement not to replace completely healthy guys. Zacha has had 1 preaseason game but he's been at the practices for a week and he's playing 4c so his minutes aren't even going to be that high -- I'm sure his conditioning will be fine.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Still waiting on internet at my new place, I feel so out of the loop even though I've kept up with Twitter lol

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Idk why they would need to healthy scratch Zacha for Rooney. Rooney is the 14th forward -- so he should be there for injury replacement not to replace completely healthy guys. Zacha has had 1 preaseason game but he's been at the practices for a week and he's playing 4c so his minutes aren't even going to be that high -- I'm sure his conditioning will be fine.

You’re forgetting the absolute hard on that Hynes has for Rooney. “Kevin is a strong player for us down the middle, he plays to an identity, he has a P.K. element to his game, he’s a good skater, he takes the body and gets to the hard areas of the ice.”

He gives a glowing review every time Rooney is brought up in interviews. I’ll be surprised if Zacha isn’t scratched for Rooney in Buffalo.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

If I had to guess, that was my hunch on the Hynes-ian logic on Hayden being in (vs. Boqvist) for this one, going up against a heavier team that typically pushes us around.

The same logic doesn't hold true for Hughes obviously since 1) top six center, and 2) there's no chance our latest 1OA prize doesn't debut in the home opener.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Early stoppage in play, Jack eases over the boards for first NHL faceoff

Looks to his left, gives Goose the slightest undetectable nod

Glances to his right...oh uh...hey Simmer

Meanwhile in the coach's office, a lone bingo ball labeled #63 randomly tumbles to the floor as Hynes mutters quietly to himself "that's the line alright, the balls don't lie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad