Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - Season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
So because he posted it it's his fault and you're taking shots at him? What about the dozen other TEAMMATES in the pic? Now we are transitioning from "tHe OpTiCs" of the photo to Subban being the poster and his teammates don't like him because he's posting on Instagram.

Taking shots at him? I just don’t think it’s the time to do so, nothing more. How is that so hard to understand?

If we were undefeated or just playing "good hockey", I wouldn’t even be commentating on the situation. We’re a joke, we’ve been blowing 3 and 4 goal leads for crying out loud, we look like we don’t even belong in the league. You can go out and do whatever, that’s not the point.

In regards to the rest of the team, I’m almost 10000000% certain that some, if not the majority, weren’t on board with it but you have no control over what someone does with a pic, after it’s been taken.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Back in my day if we did a bad day at work we felt shame that we didn't make someone at the top three more quarters while we put in all the effort. We drank until we couldn't feel emotions then had violent rage fits. Now men were men back then. We didn't eat no stinkin dinners, no sir. We sat in silence and defined ourselves by the people we were serfs to. We didn't even wear ice skates, we slid on the ice with our bare feet. We only got to eat when we won.

Kids these days, the entitled ones, judging their worth by their humanity and not their servitude, the horror of it all. A bunch of soft babies, the lot of them. Eating dinner. Psh.
Except this is not about eating dinner, it's about publicizing your feel good outings during a time when the team is in literal shambles.

You guys really don't understand the concept of perception, huh?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Back in my day if we did a bad day at work we felt shame that we didn't make someone at the top three more quarters while we put in all the effort. We drank until we couldn't feel emotions then had violent rage fits. Now men were men back then. We didn't eat no stinkin dinners, no sir. We sat in silence and defined ourselves by the people we were serfs to. We didn't even wear ice skates, we slid on the ice with our bare feet. We only got to eat when we won.

Kids these days, the entitled ones, judging their worth by their humanity and not their servitude, the horror of it all. A bunch of soft babies, the lot of them. Eating dinner. Psh.

We pay their salary, when they lose they shouldn't eat, it looks bad! Lock them in the rink and force video sessions and bag skates... especially PK his teammates don't like him because he posts on social media after the team loses.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We pay their salary, when they lose they shouldn't eat, it looks bad! Lock them in the rink and force video sessions and bag skates... especially PK his teammates don't like him because he posts on social media after the team loses.

That’s right, they shouldn’t eat and should be breathing by a single nostril... that’s absolutely right!

Great job understanding the basics of the other side of this "debate”.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I will make sure to let PK know to ask all of you guys when its an acceptable time to post on Instagram

good God.
Oh get a grip dude, PK can do whatever he wants, and we can feel however the f*** we want about what he does.

The next time somebody complains about his shit play on the ice, can we look forward to you sarcastically posting that you'll make sure to let him know he should take hockey advice from us?

Camille the Eel

I didn't notice anything during the game, but if you go to the NHL's instagram page and look at the goal of the night (Bratt's goal) you can see Nico is some pain when Bratt goes to the bench. 25 seconds into the video...

Yeah he does look like he’s hurting on the bench.

Great thing about that Bratt score was how he caught Bobrovsky cheating towards the pass and not respecting his immediate threat. We should do more of that. The cross ice passes and fancy plays won’t be there until the other teams have to respect the shot. And while they are not respecting the guy with the puck as a shooter, well then the shot is there above all.

Reactions: glenwo2

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sitting in front of my computer, seething, because players on my favorite hockey team eat food at restaurants.

mfw I saw they were eating in NEW YORK!!!

EagerEminentAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Something that crossed my mind, not sure if it's been brought up before, does anyone think there was too much extra pressure on the team to come out of the gate winning to satisfy Hall's need to win to sign an extension?
No. I would like to think the rest of team wants to win because they are competitive professionals.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That’s right, they shouldn’t eat and should be breathing by a single nostril... that’s absolutely right!

Great job understanding the basics of the other side of this "debate”.

oh I get it, I just think some of the other side of this debate are really making this something that it's not hence why I went so far with the negative examples.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yes we are really outraged about them EATING, you guys really have our thoughts on this pegged down, great job understanding the criticism at hand, bravo.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes we are really outraged about them EATING, you guys really have our thoughts on this pegged down, great job understanding the criticism at hand, bravo.

the point is that the criticisms are so outrageous that all we can do is post funny gifs and memes about them. They aren't based in reality.

Like I said, it all goes back to how our society doesn't allow for basic disagreement anymore. "I don't like it, so therefore no one can like it!!!"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thank god we’re coming up on 1000, this ‘debate’ jumped the shark a page or three ago into the usual internet indignance cat fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad