Devils 2019-20 team discussion (news and notes) - In limbo version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I hope hughes is watching a lot of film right now.

He should watch some of Barzal

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What about short term Devil players whose name have a good mouth feel to them?

Pierre Dagenais
Walt Poddubny
Paul Ysebaert

I loved Ysebaert. I was so pissed when we traded him for Lee F'n Norwood (at least I think we did). Memory's kinda fuzzy now.

Did anyone mention Janne Ojanen yet?

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Did anyone mention Janne Ojanen yet?
I'd be actually interested to hear of someone who was a fan at his time how he looked and what kept him from not becoming an NHLer? And if he stuck around what are the chances he wouldve made himself a career?

I remember interview of his few years back where he briefly spoke about his time with NJ and at one point there was a trade ready to be made with Winnipeg, but he scored 2 goals in a pre season game that same night and Devils backed out from the trade. Just a funny little detail.

He went on to have a very successful career in Finland, still the leading scorer of Liiga.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'd be actually interested to hear of someone who was a fan at his time how he looked and what kept him from not becoming an NHLer? And if he stuck around what are the chances he wouldve made himself a career?

I remember interview of his few years back where he briefly spoke about his time with NJ and at one point there was a trade ready to be made with Winnipeg, but he scored 2 goals in a pre season game that same night and Devils backed out from the trade. Just a funny little detail.

He went on to have a very successful career in Finland, still the leading scorer of Liiga.
I don't remember details anymore. I just remembered I liked him and had high hopes for him. It was quite a while ago.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd rather them just do nothing than do these dumb simulated games. They're stupid. I'll go back to telling people to get off my lawn.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd rather them just do nothing than do these dumb simulated games. They're stupid. I'll go back to telling people to get off my lawn.

Well tonight is probably the last one since it’s Fan Appreciation night, but at least they’re giving away stuff if you follow on social media.

Reactions: My3Sons

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Green fourth jersey reported

POSSIBLE An Icethetics source (without a previous track record) reported getting confirmation from a team executive that a green version of the Devils’ throwback jersey is in the works for 2020. This tracks with other reports of inverted color schemes

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Green fourth jersey reported

POSSIBLE An Icethetics source (without a previous track record) reported getting confirmation from a team executive that a green version of the Devils’ throwback jersey is in the works for 2020. This tracks with other reports of inverted color schemes

As long as it isn't a shitty black jersey

Reactions: MadDevil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm arguing with some moron on the trade board. What going cost controlled similar aged LD would you entertain trading Nico for, if any? Looking around the league the only ones I would think about it for are Hughes, Werenski, Makar and even then I probably wouldn't. The point was I think people don't get how good Nico is/will be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How do you know it's probably the last one?

Was there any indication they would stop the simulated games?

Well next to last I suppose, since our last scheduled game was at the Islanders Saturday. They were only simulating actual scheduled games after all.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
# 19 …..barry tallackson

…next pick after him in '02……duncan keith
I don't think he's really an obscure Devil, as he was an extremely overhyped prospect at the time, for what he became. Reid Boucher was pretty hyped too, but he had a bit more success at the NHL level than Tallackson did and he's even been a much more successful scorer in the AHL than Tallackson ever was.

Tallackson was always looked at as a future NHL regular, but never even came close. There were always people in the online community that thought he could play with Elias or on the power play.

I actually feel like Suglobov was a prospect that fans were pretty high on at one point, but not super high.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Can't score 5 on 3, these sims are really getting more realistic.

By the way, who in the wide wide world of sports is Gerbavan? (sp)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can't score 5 on 3, these sims are really getting more realistic.

By the way, who in the wide wide world of sports is Gerbavam? (sp)

I think it's the fan who won a contest to be 'placed' in the Fan Appreciation game.

Reactions: mtnet

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm arguing with some moron on the trade board. What going cost controlled similar aged LD would you entertain trading Nico for, if any? Looking around the league the only ones I would think about it for are Hughes, Werenski, Makar and even then I probably wouldn't. The point was I think people don't get how good Nico is/will be.

People who only look at stats consider Nico a mediocre to average 2C. Nothing you say will change their mind. You may watch him every game but they know better because they looked at the stats. Just accept it.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
People who only look at stats consider Nico a mediocre to average 2C. Nothing you say will change their mind. You may watch him every game but they know better because they looked at the stats. Just accept it.
I tried to accept it. I guess it's just because the moron kept saying yeah but what if regardless of whether or not they will.

Reactions: My3Sons

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad