Devils 2019-20 offseason team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if the worst thing he does as an 18 year old is to ask a girl to take her tits out, we’ll be fine

Reactions: glenwo2

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah but it was Artie Lange.
Nice.

But in all honestly, I've yelled this phrase just a few times in my life and I can't think of a single time it wasn't to some dude or a buddy up in front of a lot of people just to make them feel uncomfortable. We can just hope this is the case here because that just seems like normal hockey humor, or if it actually was chick, this can be one of the few times to be happy about the fact the hockey gets very little coverage.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Would have loved to see Lou's reaction.
C'mon Ray - wtf, can't you put out a few bucks to have some girls come around for our boy and show him what's what?

I've just been drafted 1OA, I guess Disneyland is out, so... show me your ****

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Reactions: mdj12784

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Only a matter of time before Hughes is a Shark. DeBoer will love that type of focus.

7347033942_a5216af12d_o.gif

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
He seems fairly smart if unwise and I expect he will learn when properly confronted with this. For starters I’d have the vets fine him and make him do some sort of penance in the team kangaroo court to teach him the lesson.
Unfortunately, this was posted on Twitter, where proper confrontations don’t happen and the only penance comes from whiners who dogpile on perceived or actual missteps because it gives them a sense of empowerment that they don’t get in their real lives.

I agree with all of your post, it’s exactly how I feel. But I had to snip this out because you always have to consider the source.

Reactions: My3Sons

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, I'm a little worried about this myself. I've seen enough video of him being followed (literally) that what people are frequently calling "confidence" seems a bit more like smug *****ebaggery. Hopefully he grows up.

Thank god the legal drinking age is 21 and barely anyone will recognize him in NY/NJ area.

Imagine him playing in a city like Montreal

Reactions: BenedictGomez

kiwidevil

Carter Hart just has a way better career to date than Blackwood. He had a .927 and .947 SV% in the WHL after being drafted and a .902 SV% in his first pro action in the AHL.

Blackwood had a .921 SV% in the OHL the year after being drafted and has a lifetime SV% of .897 in the AHL.

We obviously cannot account for what effects team quality has on these numbers, but that can't be the only difference between these two.

I know Blackwood is a gifted goalie and the past is not the future, but I know which guy I would bet on being better going forward.

You are proving my point. Yes, Hart has the pedigree and is better and younger.
But is it such a gap where the media can say the NJD are absolutely screwed in goal with no hope in sight, while the Flyers are set for the next 10 years with Elite goaltending?

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad