Devils 2019-20 offseason team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Continue

hCGfSrg.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So Lovejoy is still out there....
If we didn't already have like 50 defensemen looking to make the team this year, I'd really think we were gonna give him a PTO like we did for Drew Stafford on forward last year.

With the abundance of defensemen signed to NHL contracts already for this season, as well as Ty Smith looking like he has the inside track for a job on the NHL team, I don't think Lovejoy will get a PTO from us.

Wouldn't rule it out, but it's not probable.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
If we didn't already have like 50 defensemen looking to make the team this year, I'd really think we were gonna give him a PTO like we did for Drew Stafford on forward last year.With the abundance of defensemen signed to NHL contracts already for this season, as well as Ty Smith looking like he has the inside track for a job on the NHL team, I don't think Lovejoy will get a PTO from us. Wouldn't rule it out, but it's not probable.

Who do we have trying to make the team besides Smith? Is White expected to challenge for a spot? Mueller and Carrick are signed to (I think) one-way deals and ideally neither of them are in the top six if Smith makes the team. But they are there because injuries are inevitable. I'd agree on Lovejoy though, even at league minimum I just don't know if it makes sense to have 9 defensemen. It's too bad because I do think he's good enough to fill a spot if he's playing with a good partner.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I’m hoping Zacha can play the Anisimov role on a Hughes/Zacha/Gusev line.
I'd prefer to see Palmeri or Bratt alternatively on that line personally.

I'm curious about Zacha and his role. I could see him being the 4th line center and end up getting a high amount of PK time and defensive minutes.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'd prefer to see Palmeri or Bratt alternatively on that line personally.

I'm curious about Zacha and his role. I could see him being the 4th line center and end up getting a high amount of PK time and defensive minutes.

I'd prefer 3rd line wing with one of him or Boqvist playing their off wing

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This is wrong but yeah. Stafford had a role here and was actually good in it.

i accepted the first year
the second year signing was not needed……he was a stop gap one year signing and got 'lucky' for the second contract when the team had injuries in preseason……and cant forget that plugs seney and agostino out scored him.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I'd prefer 3rd line wing with one of him or Boqvist playing their off wing
I wouldn't be against that though I think we should have more than enough wingers capable of 3rd line wing with Coleman, Wood, Boqvist and Simmonds all as possibilities. Those 4 plus Zajac and Zacha as the centers makes sense to me. Could be like essentially having two 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad