Devils 2018-19 team discussion (player news and notes) - offseason part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Hall and Nico I 100% agree with, but I'll never understand the negativity and disagreement with trading a player that has never even played a game in the NHL. As much potential and promise they have, its nothing until they're playing 82+ games in and out every year.

I'll take the perennial Norris candidate and arguably top 5 player in the world.
Yeah one year of him.

There's too much potential in Smith to let go for one year of anyone, I don't care if he's McDavid. If Karlsson was signed for like 3-5 years more, sure I'll part with Smith.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
CDC8EE72-8A23-4FBE-AB71-5EC7461C9F81.gif
I don't get it.

What does a failed baseball player have to do with the funny visual(which is MY INTENT) of Clarktard with Wood's speed? :huh:

Parda71

Aug 25, 2018
I would try contacting someone in the Devils front office or their press department. With an inquiry like yours, even phoning or emailing cold will yield you a response I believe. It’s a quiet time of year right now too over there.
Thank you, I ll try it.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Not against trading Smith for Karlsson, but there needs to be an extension and not much else going the other way.

On the one percent chance that there is a trade, I imagine Severson will be going to Ottawa. If things really implode for Ottawa this year, they’ll have a hard enough time reaching the floor next year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i don’t think anyone in their right mind is suggesting we trade for an unsigned karlsson

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Highly doubt he'd be a consideration for NJ, but looks like Voynov may return to the NHL this season.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Austin Watson is still in the league though.... Why isn't that case being talked about more? Why isn't he out of the league?!

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Austin Watson is still in the league though.... Why isn't that case being talked about more? Why isn't he out of the league?!
I haven't followed the Watson situation closely, but it might be because he wasn't convicted (yet).

I also bet the state's investigation into Watson will probably go into much greater detail than the NHL ever could. The NHL might just be waiting for all the chips to fall to make a decision.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think Wood pans out to be a top end 3LW who can cover 2LW for injuries. He will be a PP1 net front presence as his sight, reaction, and hands are good enough to bang in rebounds efficiently while using his leg and upper body strength to body/position out defenseman. I think in a season where our PP clicks he can receive somewhere around 14-15 ATOI and produce 45-50 points.

anything more than that is icing on the cake for me. Yall should be excited to see what he can become!

Reactions: HockeysFinest

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think Wood pans out to be a top end 3LW who can cover 2LW for injuries. He will be a PP1 net front presence as his sight, reaction, and hands are good enough to bang in rebounds efficiently while using his leg and upper body strength to body/position out defenseman. I think in a season where our PP clicks he can receive somewhere around 14-15 ATOI and produce 45-50 points.

anything more than that is icing on the cake for me. Yall should be excited to see what he can become!

I'm pretty jacked on all our players, but Wood is especially intriguing to me. His strengths are incredibly unique, and his weaknesses strike me as aspects to his game that can be easily "coached"... it helps that he's extremely coachable and has the right attitude, to boot.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Too bad he didn't go the coaching route instead of the exec route. I feel like he could have helped Kinkaid with his hybrid style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad