Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Big picture, this was a shrewd move by Ray to send Ty to juniors this season

It was the right decision

It's 100% the right decision. When he wore down and looked awful, which he inevitably would have as an 18 year old DEFENSEMAN, the same people who label ALL of our young prospects as busts would be doing the same. Go back to Spokane, destroy the competition, and get bigger. Next year he'll basically walk right into the starting lineup.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
1A2545E4-0B43-487E-AB24-5BD2DB290498.gif
Heh....

We need to get Dea some new swag ASAP

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So Stafford traveled to Switzerland? Seems kinda crazy for a PTO
since he played last year it may be a respect thing even if they plan to cut him

Vaht-ah-na-neh

I like that name better anyway.
'If I was a rich girl, Vaht-ah-na-nananananananananaaaa'

Gwen Stefani is a Devils fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billdo

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Looking at the October schedule, I'll be shocked if we are right at .500 let alone over .500. That is a rough schedule to start off the season.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I totally agree with you and think Smith looked better than Butcher. Smith is also a better skater than Butcher so I’m surprised they sent him down.
Butcher had 2 things going for him, points you couldnt ignore, and the fact he had a bunch of space in front of him.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Looking at the October schedule, I'll be shocked if we are right at .500 let alone over .500. That is a rough schedule to start off the season.

Honestly, I'd rather have that schedule in the first month of the season than the last. All teams are going to be trying to find their legs and their lines - more likely to win them now than in April.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly, I'd rather have that schedule in the first month of the season than the last. All teams are going to be trying to find their legs and their lines - more likely to win them now than in April.

Plus it's not exactly a heavy travel schedule other than the preseason-regular season trip with a few days off after. They don't even leave the tri-state area again until the last couple days of the month. And there's no back to backs either so they don't have to stick Lack out there if they don't want while Cory's on the mend.

Yes it's tough in terms of opposition but if you're going to be a playoff team again you gotta win the majority of those games at home. And how many teams would really be described as easy, maybe three-four of the Atlantic teams and Vancouver?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Plus it's not exactly a heavy travel schedule other than the preseason-regular season trip with a few days off after. They don't even leave the tri-state area again until the last couple days of the month. And there's no back to backs either so they don't have to stick Lack out there if they don't want while Cory's on the mend.

Yes it's tough in terms of opposition but if you're going to be a playoff team again you gotta win the majority of those games at home. And how many teams would really be described as easy, maybe three-four of the Atlantic teams and Vancouver?
The schedule isn't even that bad. We play 4 teams that missed the playoffs last year and 5 that made it. Tampa, Washington, and Nashville are pretty tough, Colorado and San Jose aren't easy either but we can easily take those games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad