Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
78B7194E-06CB-4A31-A297-EB135ECA31D3.gif
Nahhhh, never mind.....

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I like that because I think Coleman and Noesen can still do the same damage with Boyle that they did with Zajac.

Gives us (hopefully) a greater ability to roll 4 lines. In the playoffs last year, we really didn't get that ability with Wood-Boyle-Stafford. Hopefully Wood has continued to progress and round his game out.

Worst case is you bump the Texans up if Wood/JQ aren't working.

Reactions: My3Sons and Blender

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Do we know for a certain that's going to be the roster when the season starts (sans the one guy left they have to drop) or are we just gonna pull a last-minute Lou-type switcheroo? Seems like it will be the roster and they either have to decide on signing Stafford or keeping eight D.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Mueller Vats
Greene Sevs

Also looking like a thing. Which is in good in that it looks like the lessening of Greene's workload.

Just hope that Mueller is up for it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Can't imagine how excited JQ is about this opportunity

They have him with Zajac and Wood in practice so they appear to be giving him a good bottom six slot. Really rooting for him after he put in the effort to get ready this season. He was a first round pick for a reason and showed some skill in juniors especially during his final playoff run. He may be a competent NHLer yet. Based on my viewings of him I suspect it will boil down to his health and if he can avoid injury. If he can stay on the ice all season I anticipate improvement over the course of the year even if he never becomes a top six guy.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Mueller Vats
Greene Sevs

Also looking like a thing. Which is in good in that it looks like the lessening of Greene's workload.

Just hope that Mueller is up for it.
The pairings are what I was hoping to at least try over the off-season. I'm not overly optimistic about Mueller in the 1LHD role, and I'm sure he'll be lit up a few times causing lots of complaints, but so did Greene last year. If he can play anywhere near Greene's level last year (which is a somewhat low bar), I think it's the best we can do with our current personnel.

Severson's got to keep it simple. His troubles come mostly when he tries to do too much - dangerous passes, or pinches at the wrong times. I'm hoping having Greene as his partner settles him down a bit.

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
With the line-up basically set now, how do you guys think the special teams will shake out? Will Nico get a long look at PP1? Zacha a regular PK guy with Gibbons out?

This is what I would like to see:

PP:
Hall-Wood-Nico-Palmieri
Butcher

MarJo-Bratt-Zajac-JQ
Vatanen

I guess the other candidates are Severson and Zacha or someone like Noesen maybe as a net front presence guy. (Please no Boyle)

PK:
Coleman-Zajac
Greene-Vatanen

Zacha-X
Mueller-Lovejoy/Santini

X = Dea? Rooney? Nico? Bratt?

Best regards from Gothenburg.
Can't believe the devils are coming to my town, so pumped!
I'll have to be rocking my Henrique jersey from 2012 :ha:
The NHL store does'nt ship outside of North America anymore so no Nico jersey for me. So much for spreading the game.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
With the line-up basically set now, how do you guys think the special teams will shake out? Will Nico get a long look at PP1? Zacha a regular PK guy with Gibbons out?

This is what I would like to see:

PP:
Hall-Wood-Nico-Palmieri
Butcher

MarJo-Bratt-Zajac-JQ
Vatanen

I guess the other candidates are Severson and Zacha or someone like Noesen maybe as a net front presence guy. (Please no Boyle)

PK:
Coleman-Zajac
Greene-Vatanen

Zacha-X
Mueller-Lovejoy/Santini

X = Dea? Rooney? Nico? Bratt?

Best regards from Gothenburg.
Can't believe the devils are coming to my town, so pumped!
I'll have to be rocking my Henrique jersey from 2012 :ha:
The NHL store does'nt ship outside of North America anymore so no Nico jersey for me. So much for spreading the game.

Hall-Nico-Wood
Butcher-Palmieri

Johansson-Zajac-Bratt
Zacha-Vatanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->