Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
You people would hate Trouba possibly as much as Severson....
Jacob Trouba is a legit top pair, never had a negative +/- season so far in his career although the jets were absolutely awful before last year.

Watched him a lot, this is exactly what the Devils need

What a terrible comparison

Reactions: MichaelJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jacob Trouba is a legit top pair, never had a negative +/- season so far in his career although the jets were absolutely awful before last year.

Watched him a lot, this is exactly what the Devils need

What a terrible comparison
What a terrible rebuttal using plus/minus.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
What a terrible rebuttal using plus/minus.

Sure, put in context.

Trouba has had only one year where his GA> GF on ES and it was the worst season the Jets ever had since relocating (-3)

Severson never had GF > GA on ES in his career. Never once.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sure, put in context.

Trouba has had only one year where his GA> GF on ES and it was the worst season the Jets ever had since relocating (-3)

Severson never had GF > GA on ES in his career. Never once.
I'd rather just acquire another Steve Santini. He's really good.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If people are trying to say Trouba would be anything short of a clear upgrade on Severson, then folks just dont want to add anybody

For a team whos defense is absolutely terrible this year, not one defenseman named has been accepted as a good option.

Yall are way too picky for a team bottom of the barrel in the league

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If people are trying to say Trouba would be anything short of a clear upgrade on Severson, then folks just dont want to add anybody

For a team whos defense is absolutely terrible this year, not one defenseman named has been accepted as a good option.

Yall are way too picky for a team bottom of the barrel in the league
I wouldn't mind acquiring Trouba, I just said that the people who complain about Severson would complain about him too.

He turns the puck over a lot, probably more than Severson, especially since he's better than Severson. That's one thing that people really rail on Severson for around here. Severson deserves criticism, but there's many things are way too nitpicky. Severson is a high risk player. Trouba is one of those too, as are Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson.

And YES, I realize ALL of these players are better than Severson and they also do things like turn the puck over more and aggressively pinch more than Severson does because of it.

Trouba is actually the one name that's been brought up that I would be interested in.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wouldn't mind acquiring Trouba, I just said that the people who complain about Severson would complain about him too.

He turns the puck over a lot, probably more than Severson, especially since he's better than Severson. That's one thing that people really rail on Severson for around here. Severson deserves criticism, but there's many things are way too nitpicky. Severson is a high risk player. Trouba is one of those too, as are Brent Burns and Erik Karlsson.

And YES, I realize ALL of these players are better than Severson and they also do things like turn the puck over more and aggressively pinch more than Severson does because of it.

Trouba is actually the one name that's been brought up that I would be interested in.
I wonder if Severson is a Jets fan. Winnipeg is geographically the closest NHL city to where he's from, I think.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder if Severson is a Jets fan. Winnipeg is geographically the closest NHL city to where he's from, I think.
I doubt he's a fan of them, but his family may be. He wasn't even 2 years old when the original Jets played their last game in Winnipeg and he was 17 by the time the current Jets came to town.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
it doesn’t matter who we bring in if our strategy is still going to be have your d men chase the puck to the points and leave the o covering down low

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Time to trade Travis Z. He has been the ultimate pro.

This team has to look to build from

Hischier
Zacha
McLeod
Not to mention w out practically ensures 1 overall pick

Now down the middle. We can get a number 1 pick for him. Then package that pick w a guy like bratt or wood or whom ever and bring in a legit ddefensman from a team w cap issue. Give Z a chance for a cup. He deserves.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Hischier
Zacha
McLeod

Now down the middle. We can get a number 1 pick for him. Then package that pick w a guy like bratt or wood or whom ever and bring in a legit ddefensman from a team w cap issue. Give Z a chance for a cup. He deserves.

there’s a lot to unpack here

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Hischier
Zacha
McLeod

You want to trade Zajac... you include McLeod as a cog for us going forward. I don't understand. Zajac is having a terrific year, he's finally in a role that is best suited for him. He's still a stud defensively. You want to role with Nico and Zacha. I love Zacha, probably even more than most here, but you REALLY want to jettison Zajac out of town and rely on Nico, Zacha, and McLeod? That's a recipe for another horrible year next year.

Reactions: JMadden11

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he’s already having a very nice season. he played on a line with the league mvp last year - this year he’s been matched up all over the place and he’s still producing. this point last year he fell off the map completely and now he’s been on one of the best runs of his career so far. he needs to score more goals but he’s been hitting posts and i’m not as worried about that. he’s gonna be a real good player for us

Reactions: My3Sons

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This team will be trash with this coaching staff no matter what.

For the 100th time. 9 times out of 10:

Consistent lack of scoring problem = lack of skill
Consistent trash defense = poor system/coaching

Good coaches can make even below average rosters play sound defense. These idiots have made 0 adjustments. The amount of puck watching, blindly chasing players all around the zone, and swing passes to no one is beer league shit. The fact that Hynes hasn't even ATTEMPTED to correct this over the years is pathetic. It's not ONLY that the roster sucks when players are routinely lost/out of position and don't no where their teammates are.

Reactions: tr83 and Aethon

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
NHL Trade Board 2.0: Updates on top 20 players who could...

14. Marcus Johansson, Devils – Teams really like Johansson now that he’s healthy. It was suggested that he could be a very logical target for the Columbus Blue Jackets, once they get the assets in hand following a Panarin trade. But they’ll have competition.
“He’s had a string of bad luck in New Jersey but he’s starting to heat up a little bit,” said one NHL source. “He’s a great guy.”

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I wonder if Boudreau gets fired in Minnesota if they miss the playoffs? Their current GM is not the one that hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad