Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Cam Fowler would be great for this team. He's not going to score at an amazing rate but he can skate well, is long, defends well and is good with the puck. Smart 2 way top pairing D man on a good contract for the next 6+ years. We need that type of D men to anchor the top pair, points aside we need to defend and get the puck out of the zone.

ok but how’s his girth? that’s important too

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I wouldn't mind trading one of Davies or Walsh for an established young defenseman. No way I'm including Smith. Devils kinda have a logjam on defense anyways and will have to move someone, even with Greene and Lovejoy leaving.

Mueller/Santini/Vats/Severson/Smith/Davies/Walsh/Butcher

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I wouldn't mind trading one of Davies or Walsh for an established young defenseman. No way I'm including Smith. Devils kinda have a logjam on defense anyways and will have to move someone, even with Greene and Lovejoy leaving.

Mueller/Santini/Vats/Severson/Smith/Davies/Walsh/Butcher

Ducks fan on the main board proposed

2020 1st + Walsh + McLeod for Fowler

I know thats a lot to give up but I think thats the type of move we're going to have to make to get a top LHD in here

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Davies probably will leave Northeastern this year and if he does I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup this season for a look. The organization has done that almost all of their older NCAA signees.

I am hoping this is the case...A strong showing by Davies will make things very interesting for next season with Smith no doubt coming in...

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I think if the Devils were good this year, Zajac would get some Selke votes. All his underlying numbers are great and his offensive game has been good.

Above 50% CF% and FF%, almost a 4 to 1 TA/GA ratio, 65% DZ%, 57% FO, positive CF/FF rels, and leads one of the best PKs.

Reactions: My3Sons and Aethon

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I think if the Devils were good this year, Zajac would get some Selke votes. All his underlying numbers are great and his offensive game has been good.

Above 50% CF% and FF%, almost a 4 to 1 TA/GA ratio, 65% DZ%, 57% FO, positive CF/FF rels, and leads one of the best PKs.
I also noted this a few weeks ago

he gets a ton of DZ%, but his CF% is pretty damn good, considering.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Ducks fan on the main board proposed

2020 1st + Walsh + McLeod for Fowler

I know thats a lot to give up but I think thats the type of move we're going to have to make to get a top LHD in here

That’s a lot but seems fair for a top pair LHD with term. Might be something the Devils could work with, especially when the deadline returns are known. They might have to part with less of their current assets after that.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
im very worried about trading a 2020 1st seeing as our goalie situation is far from solved. lottery protection maybe? Idk i dont think we are in the best position to trade a 1st just yet.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
stupid question alert. forgive me but i really haven't been following the team all that insanely. what the hell is wrong with hall? why is he out so long? i'm sure i can find out "lower" or "upper" body injury report online just wasn't sure if anything further has come out?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
stupid question alert. forgive me but i really haven't been following the team all that insanely. what the hell is wrong with hall? why is he out so long? i'm sure i can find out "lower" or "upper" body injury report online just wasn't sure if anything further has come out?
If the earlier injury flared up it's hammy/groin. We don't know for sure they are being quiet about it.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

Starting to think/wondering if he tore something and its taken a lot longer to heal than originally thought.

ACL, MCL or something like that. Was it his groin before? Maybe a groin tear then.

Amanda Stein said on twitter, no thoughts as of now for shutting Hall down for the rest of the season.

Whatever it is, he doesn't need to rush back and hurt himself, again.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Obviously but if we're sending back a good enough package who knows.

Butcher + McLeod + Severson + Quenneville + 2020 1st (top 10 protected)
for
Lindholm + Perry/Kesler
giphy.gif

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Glad to hear Joey is skating again
This is the one injury that really bother me the most. Like, Hall and Wood we basically know what we're getting with those guys, but Anderson has some serious potential and he was starting to play really well when he got injured. It's a shame to see a guy like him lose development time.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Hall hasn't skated like he is capable of the entire season. He has still put up the points impressively and at the earlier parts of the season it was passable to use the excuse that he might be shaking off some rust.

Maybe this injury had something to do with him not being able to move as efficiently as he can and it reached a tipping point.

No need to rush him back, as long as he comes back healthy, can skate and move like he was prior to this season, then that is the most important thing.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Hall hasn't skated like he is capable of the entire season. He has still put up the points impressively and at the earlier parts of the season it was passable to use the excuse that he might be shaking off some rust.

Maybe this injury had something to do with him not being able to move as efficiently as he can and it reached a tipping point.

No need to rush him back, as long as he comes back healthy, can skate and move like he was prior to this season, then that is the most important thing.

This makes sense, he seemed way less dynamic skating into the O zone and maybe this injury limited his explosiveness and quickness. He was alrgely entering the zone and pulling up on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad