Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Cory wont start tomorrow, which was a pretty obvious call.

From Erica's twitter

Good, he played two full games for Binghamton but let in 7 goals I think. I don't trust him in goal vs Kinkaid, right now. I know he has to start sometime. Let him practice with the big team for a while as backup.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Good, he played two full games for Binghamton but let in 7 goals I think. I don't trust him in goal vs Kinkaid, right now. I know he has to start sometime. Let him practice with the big team for a while as backup.

He stayed healthy and didnt re injure anything, that's all that stint was about.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

He wasn't really at fault on any of the goals. Their defense isn't "good" by any stretch of the word.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He wasn't really at fault on any of the goals. Their defense isn't "good" by any stretch of the word.
I definitely thought one goal was a stoppable one, but that was actually in the game where he only allowed 1 goal.

I didn't think he had a chance on any of the goals when he allowed 3 in the first game, but I thought there was one he could have had in his last game, maybe two goals in that one.

It's very hard to pick up much with those low quality AHL highlight videos.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
back to the 2C conversation... Would be interesting if Ray could acquire somebody, or if Seney could prove he's the real deal. Apparently he looks superb in the American league.

Hall Hischier Palmieri
Johansson (Kadri, Duchene, Seney) Bratt
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Zacha Boyle

Reactions: Quest for Stanley

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
back to the 2C conversation... Would be interesting if Ray could acquire somebody, or if Seney could prove he's the real deal. Apparently he looks superb in the American league.

Hall Hischier Palmieri
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Zacha Boyle
Id place Zacha on the wing on the third line before I demote him to fourth - he will NEVER learn how to score there.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Hall Hischier Palmieri
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Zacha Boyle

Most will probably be opposed due to his age, but in terms of fit, Jeff Carter would be awesome as a 2C on that second line.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most will probably be opposed due to his age, but in terms of fit, Jeff Carter would be awesome as a 2C on that second line.
How many years does he have left?

UGH! He apparently is signed until 2022, when he'll be 37. He wouldn't be bad if that was 2 or possibly even 1 year fewer in term.

He still points up a good amount of points.

Although, I unfortunately get vibes that he's a player that will just fall off at 35 and he's already 33 and turning 34 on January 1st.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I predict I'll be at tomorrow night's game. Kept forgetting it's in Tampa haha.

We won our last regular season game there. Maybe we should have started Eddie Lack though?!:sarcasm:

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017

Hall Hischier Palmieri
Coleman Zajac Noesen
Wood Zacha Boyle
Seney all the way! He clicked with Mojo and Bratt in Manhattan.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It really isn’t that intimidating a road trip. Tampa and Winnipeg are the toughest games on the whole trip and we still ended up beating Tampa three times in the regular season last year.

We always play Pitt well. Toronto is banged up and we showed we could skate with them last year. Detroit, Ottawa, and Islanders are all very very winnable games.

Cory is back so we don’t have to ride Kink into the ground. We should be getting the likes of Rooney and Gryba out the lineup this week, and Bratt should be back for the back end of the trip.

We had tougher trips last season that were supposed to end the season and the time made it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad