Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's hard to say, McLeod is probably the least 'skilled' of the three but he's good defensively and has insane speed and a good motor, two things that translate very well to the new NHL. I agree there's little reason to believe Mikey becomes a top 6 NHL player, but I could see him carving out a niche as an energy guy in the bottom six. Still nowhere near what we expected/hoped, but better than nothing. Can't see him being more than 40 point a season player at his peak though, and even that's being generous.
There is still time but the current level of AHL production is troubling. Better than nothing looks more like Zacha right now...Quenneville could be on the verge of nothing and Mcleod is probably 2 or 3 rungs lower...
A player that can't produce in the AHL has almost no hope of even being an effective energy player in the NHL...Stefan Matteau produced 26 points in in 67 games as a 19/20 year old. He turned 20 in Feburary of that year. I am not sure Mcleod is going to be that effective this year for Binghamton.

Lots time for him to figure it out and not even a chapter has been written on his pro career but things aren't looking to promising right now.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It's probably a few pages back. I never even realized it until I saw talk of Zacha being sent down. Then I found out after looking up Amanda Stein's twitter that Zacha and Rooney were assigned to Binghamton, while we called up Seney and Gabriel.

This reminds me of Freshman year of football where the coaches promoted our freshman center to the varsity squad and the varsity center to the freshman squad (just for practice). It was quite the wake up call for the varsity player and a big embarrassment.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
PZ was always a project type pick.

Most of us preferred others in 2015 and in retrospect were spot on right.
Conte royally f'd up.

But, if the team didn't blow 3 third period leads so far I don't think we would be so focused on him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Maybe if the rest of the team wasn't playing Charmin soft they wouldn't actually need him to play.
For the last two years other teams have been taking liberties with Nico with zero reprocussions. Not even scrum and a taking too in many instances.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Why? He's a BAD player at the NHL level. He will make us a worse team on the ice.

how much worse can we be? we lost to detroit for god’s sake, we barely beat florida. we have no secondary scoring, our goaltending is unpredictable, hall isn’t scoring, our pet’s heads are falling off, etc etc. i know this board needs a scapegoat but if we lose our next game because gabriel plays for 7 minutes i’ll eat my hat.

Reactions: HBK27

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
if he plays I bet he put's up more pts than superstar bust zacha.
So witty..

Not everyone can be a life time NHL'er, if they could then there would be 10 000 people in the world or more capable of playing. People mocking and attacking Zacha because he didn't hit the expectations of his draft ranking are petty. I hope he tears it up in the AHL and comes back ready.

Reactions: Darkauron

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the days where you play guys ONLY because they can fight are over in the NHL

Gabriel SUCKS. Have Wood fight Martin if he acts up.

yeah wood for martin. that’s a good trade off for 5 minutes. or hey, let’s have Mirco ‘Muscles’ Mueller fight again, that went pretty well

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
PZ was always a project type pick.

Most of us preferred others in 2015 and in retrospect were spot on right.
Conte royally f'd up.

But, if the team didn't blow 3 third period leads so far I don't think we would be so focused on him.

It's still not his fault they've lost those three games. Other guys have been just as invisible. This will be good for him.

Rad Dude83

Jun 23, 2013
Jersey
So witty..

Not everyone can be a life time NHL'er, if they could then there would be 10 000 people in the world or more capable of playing. People mocking and attacking Zacha because he didn't hit the expectations of his draft ranking are petty. I hope he tears it up in the AHL and comes back ready.
i am not attacking zacha. just saying and have been saying for years that he is bust. a big bust.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If Toronto offers Nylander for Severson straight up, and Nylander will accept an extension of 7.5x6-7-8 - do you do it?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I need a really good "I am so cufused" gif....

Conte is bum cause Zacha sucks...Call up Seney now!!!

What whaaaat?

Talk about Clash of the narratives.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Idk why its so unrealistic to think that Toronto may become desperate and they have to move move Nylander before the extension deadline if he wont sign. And Severson is no slouch, I doubt there are many more options with a long term contract at a reasonable rate and at his age...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad