Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) VIII - Postseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
It’s a joke. A spear well away from any hockey going on. If Nico ends up with a torn groin and misses the rest of the playoffs then Hedman gets a long suspension but since Nico was ok he doesn’t even get a penalty.

The ref was looking right at that play and let it go too. That ref should have to get speared for apparently thinking it’s no big deal.
I think that might have bothered me more than the speer itself. With how quick the ref got over to Nico there is no way he didn’t see it happen. It’s one thing to swallow your whistle on something borderline like a hook or something, but hacking at a players naught bits away from the puck is pretty bad.

Reactions: My3Sons and mtnet

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
No discipline? So it's allowed? Cool. Hedman better wear two cups tomorrow.

yeaaah thats what i'm talking about

addtext_com_MDAwMzM4MzQzNQ.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah not that a fine really matters to these guys but not even giving him the perfunctory fine is a bit offensive. Like someone else said this gives license to everyone else to try to sneak one in without consequence (assuming they don't get caught and penalized during the game)

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Yeah not that a fine really matters to these guys but not even giving him the perfunctory fine is a bit offensive. Like someone else said this gives license to everyone else to try to sneak one in without consequence (assuming they don't get caught and penalized during the game)
Exactly, 5K to Hedman is like $5 to us. Send the message that you can't be doing that crap.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Our crowd was chanting loud at the drop of the puck and didn't stop for quite a while into the first.

That definitely helps the team

Hopefully we are even louder tomorrow night. Start from the opening face-off.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
its a idiot move…..so below the spirit of competition ….basically the lowest thing one can do vs an opponent in sports…..

spitting in someones face is 2nd….just shows little to no respect

**** hedman

Yes. Plus telling a player battling cancer "I hope you f***ing die!" Didn't believe that was what Sergachev said when I saw a few people reference it on Twitter until I saw the replay of the game today. It's clear as day.

There's competing and then there's acting like trash. Low-blows with a stick and what Sergachev said...seems like they've got some beauts on that team. Hope they keep coming undone to this extreme, though. They won't win if they do.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That's......nuts.

Couldn't help it.

So the Devils can spend time after every shift spearing Lightning players in the groin now. Good job NHL!! Way to care about player safety. We all know that safety means evaluating if someone was hurt from someone else's actions after the fact and also by looking at the context the cheap shot occurred in. As long as no long term injury results and it's the playoffs it was a play not worthy of additional discipline or a fine. At some point this is also on the NHLPA that allows this sort of stuff to continue.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yes. Plus telling a player battling cancer "I hope you ****ing die!" Didn't believe that was what Sergachev said when I saw a few people reference it on Twitter until I saw the replay of the game today. It's clear as day.

There's competing and then there's acting like trash. Low-blows with a stick and what Sergachev said...seems like they've got some beauts on that team. Hope they keep coming undone to this extreme, though. They won't win if they do.

Lightning may be the mentally softest team in the league. Hit them reasonably hard within the rules and they lose their collective minds. I realize some of that is because their second line players are all about 5'7" and 165 pounds and they probably are like hockey chihuahuas ready to yap at a moment's notice, but the rest of them are not really willing to pay the price. Losing your mind because someone hits you is not the way to win. Walk away if you are the better team. NJ managed to play through TB hitting them within the rules and eventually just returned the favor. Easy strategy for NJ.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Lightning may be the mentally softest team in the league. Hit them reasonably hard within the rules and they lose their collective minds. I realize some of that is because their second line players are all about 5'7" and 165 pounds and they probably are like hockey chihuahuas ready to yap at a moment's notice, but the rest of them are not really willing to pay the price. Losing your mind because someone hits you is not the way to win. Walk away if you are the better team. NJ managed to play through TB hitting them within the rules and eventually just returned the favor. Easy strategy for NJ.
now i want boyle to stay in just to play aggravator

i think if we bait them into that style of game, we win

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad