Devils 2016-17 team discussion (players news & notes) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
if Speers makes the team, whens the last time we had 2 teenagers make it?

There may have been a few games where both Urbom and Josefson played together in 2010-11, but I don't think the Devils have broken camp with 2 teenagers since I've been following the team (1994-95). I guess Larsson was no longer a teenager in 2013 when the Devils broke camp with him and Matteau.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Blackwood was the starter in the ECHL it wouldn't be the worst thing for him. That's what'll happen if Wedgewood clears.
Same thing would happen if Kinkaid cleared too.

I think Pete would have sooner grabbed Kinkaid than Wedgewood.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
So our lineup shakes out as

Hall-Henrique-DSP
Palms-Zajac-Cammy
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Wood-Fiddler-Speers

Greene-Seves
Lovejoy-Moore
Frenchie-Santini
Quincey

Schneider
Kinkaid

Forgive the d pairings, cant for the life of me remember who plays which side

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hall-Henrique-DSP
Palms-Zajac-Cammy
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Wood-Fiddler-Speers

Greene-Seves
Lovejoy-Moore
Frenchie-Santini
Hulk

Schneider
Kinkaid

I'm hoping Kalinin and Josefson are the extras on opening night, if Wood and Speers do stay.

But I'm alright with Kalinin and Josefson in the lineup (on the 4th line ONLY) and Speers and Wood going back to AHL/juniors too.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Hall-Henrique-DSP
Palms-Zajac-Cammy
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Wood-Fiddler-Speers

Greene-Seves
Lovejoy-Moore
Frenchie-Santini
Hulk

Schneider
Kinkaid

Palms and Cammy switch sides as well.

Josefson and Kalinin are the other forwards but not sure who sits. Doubt Speers or Wood will but I don't know where they all will line up.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Appleby has yet to play more than 10 games in the AHL and Blackwood is a 19 year old rookie.

We need another more reliable veteran goalie in Albany.

Also keep in mind its likely we send someone to an ECHL team. Blackwood is my guess, we are playing the long game with him i believe.

NHL
Cory
Kinkand

AHL
Wedgewood
Appleby

ECHL
Blackwood

Hall-Henrique-DSP
Palms-Zajac-Cammy
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Wood-Fiddler-Speers

Greene-Seves
Lovejoy-Moore
Frenchie-Santini
Quincey

Schneider
Kinkaid

I think Josefson and Kalinin are on the 4th line over Speers and Wood. Its part of the reason i would like to grab 1 or 2 of the guys on the wire right now. I would rather have Speers and Wood getting minutes in Juniors and the AHL respectively then sitting in a press box.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also keep in mind its likely we send someone to an ECHL team. Blackwood is my guess, we are playing the long game with him i believe.

NHL
Cory
Kinkand

AHL
Wedgewood
Appleby

ECHL
Blackwood

I think Josefson and Kalinin are on the 4th line over Speers and Wood. Its part of the reason i would like to grab 1 or 2 of the guys on the wire right now. I would rather have Speers and Wood getting minutes in Juniors and the AHL respectively then sitting in a press box.

I can't see us keeping Wood and Speers up to be healthy scratch players at all. So I think they'll either at least start out to play or they'll be sent back tomorrow. They don't need waivers, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them sent back tomorrow.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There may have been a few games where both Urbom and Josefson played together in 2010-11, but I don't think the Devils have broken camp with 2 teenagers since I've been following the team (1994-95). I guess Larsson was no longer a teenager in 2013 when the Devils broke camp with him and Matteau.

I was thinking Josefson and Larsson in 2011, but Josefson was 20 at the time.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
ah forgot about Yayo and Kalinin, I'd like to see Kalinin get in there but Josefson should sit

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was thinking Josefson and Larsson in 2011, but Josefson was 20 at the time.
Urbom and Josefson were on the team at the same time in 10-11, but Josefson did not make the team out of camp in 2011. Urbom did make the team out of camp, from what I remember. Josefson was called up a couple days later after Rolston was injured in the second or third game of the season, if I'm not mistaken.
ah forgot about Yayo and Kalinin, I'd like to see Kalinin get in there but Josefson should sit
I feel like Josefson is the better player than Kalinin.

As I've said before, I could probably give Kalinin more rope, as he's still just a year into the NHL and North America. But I do think that as of right now, Josefson is the more valuable player.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'll be at the game in Nashville on December 3rd! I'm excited to see Bridgestone Arena!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll be at the game in Nashville on December 3rd! I'm excited to see Bridgestone Arena!
I've always wanted to go there. It might be the closest non-Florida NHL city to me, although Raleigh might also be the same distance. Hope you enjoy it!:nod:
Kalinin would be the perfect 4th line LW, ala Ryan Carter.

I really think that Kalinin could be the perfect 4th liner, I also think that Josefson might be one of the better 4th liners in the league. Maybe not one of the best, but better than more than half of the league's 4th liners.

But as 3rd liners, I have to think they're in the bottom 5 in the league. So as long as Hiney Head and staff can resist the urge of bumping either of them up the 3rd line on a regular basis, I think having them on the 4th line is a strength.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
if Speers is making the team, I highly doubt that they will be scratching him

with Gadzic on IR, I really am not sure who the extra forwards would be to be honest. thats why I am thinking they might claim someone tomorrow and then send Speers back and let the new guy be the extra, at least to start

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just curious... how much better is the ECHL than the OHL? I feel like if we send Blackwood there, we may as well have left him on the OHL to keep him from burning a year of his ELC.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
if Speers is making the team, I highly doubt that they will be scratching him

with Gadzic on IR, I really am not sure who the extra forwards would be to be honest. thats why I am thinking they might claim someone tomorrow and then send Speers back and let the new guy be the extra, at least to start
Agreed - if Speers makes the team, it is to play.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just curious... how much better is the ECHL than the OHL? I feel like if we send Blackwood there, we may as well have left him on the OHL to keep him from burning a year of his ELC.

I'm gonna assume that it's better, just because I don't see as many absurd point totals coming out of the ECHL, as I see coming out of the OHL.

But I'm not completely sure on that. I really don't follow either league.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last month was just a really ****** month for me, for multiple reasons. It was just over a couple of pretty bad things that happened in the first week of the month and it ruined the entire month for me. So I'm just happy to get hockey season going, although I still have this paranoia that more bad stuff is yet to come, so I'm just hoping that isn't the case and I have some good distraction.

The offseason was too long and boring. And by boring, I don't mean anything to do with our activity during the offseason (Hall trade) or boring from a Devils perspective. Just that it sucked having to go all this time with no Devils or hockey to watch. I'm thankful that the Sharks made a long run, as they're my second favorite team. It would have been an even longer and more boring offseason without that run to the finals. It's another reason why I hated that the World Cup Of Hockey was pushing to start of this season back by a week. In a normal year, we'd be 2 or 3 games into the season by now.

October has always been such a fun and an exciting time for me.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Hall-Henrique-DSP
Palms-Zajac-Cammy
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
Wood-Fiddler-Speers

Greene-Seves
Lovejoy-Moore
Frenchie-Santini
Quincey

Schneider
Kinkaid

Moore-Lovejoy
And I think Quincey can play both but is a Lefty

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Too bad we have a Florida trip right out of the gate.

Although it's not March, so maybe we'll be okay.

With all that's going on, I keep forgetting how we start down here and I'll be at the first two games. :help:

Our last wins down here were when we came here in October of 2014 though. Those April and March games are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad