Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
99% sure he's going to the Canucks. It's a shame but hardly the end of the world, he's a long shot to be an NHL regular.

If he wants to go to Vancouver vaya con dios. If he's going to the Rangers he can **** off :laugh:

People throw around the word asset a little too liberally on this board. I mean sure it's not ideal to potentially lose him but it's not like you're really counting on a fifth rounder to be a plus NHL player either.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If he wants to go to Vancouver vaya con dios. If he's going to the Rangers he can **** off :laugh:

People throw around the word asset a little too liberally on this board. I mean sure it's not ideal to potentially lose him but it's not like you're really counting on a fifth rounder to be a plus NHL player either.

If we did a re-draft today would he be a 5th rounder?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Losing him would suck, having an awesome year. He absolutely has a chance to make the NHL, and by exploring his options I'm assuming he's aware of it. The fact that a 5th round college player doesn't want to play for the Devils says a lot about the position this team is in. If we don't pick 1 or 2 they may as well be named the NJ titanic. Zacha and McLeod are not enough or close to enough to pull us up from the bottom.

He allegedly doesn't want to play for the Devils because he might want to play for his hometown team. What are we supposed to do, pack up and move to Vancouver just to sign him? And it's not like Vancouver's in all that much better shape than us, if anything they're where we were at a couple years ago.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Losing him would suck, having an awesome year. He absolutely has a chance to make the NHL, and by exploring his options I'm assuming he's aware of it. The fact that a 5th round college player doesn't want to play for the Devils says a lot about the position this team is in. If we don't pick 1 or 2 they may as well be named the NJ titanic. Zacha and McLeod are not enough or close to enough to pull us up from the bottom.

:laugh:

aside from the fact that the Devils signed Lappin, when other teams were interested. Aside from the fact that the Devils signed Auvitu, when other teams were interested. Aside from the fact that the Devils are rumored to have signed Kelleher, when plenty of other teams are interested

please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad