Devils 2016-17 team discussion (player news and notes) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
There's not much more they can do than offer Kerfoot a deal that starts this season and a max rookie salary. If that's not enough, so be it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Realistically, Kerfoot really isn't an asset. Plus, if a player doesn't want to play for the Devils, I don't want him anyways.

if he ever becomes a regular NHL player, I will be shocked

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Kerfoot's season hasn't even ended yet. The Devils aren't trying to sign him. Dreger's piece said that Shero intends to sit down with Kerfoot after the season to get him to sign.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
No one cares that you don't care. Shero can't put a gun to his head and force him to stay. Alex Kerfoot is a human being who will do what he wants.

4 year NCAA prospects that aren't good until they turn 21 but end up making the NHL are extremely rare. Guy hasn't even finished his senior year and you're acting like he's some blue chip stud.

It would be nice if he turned into something but the odds are slim, even if he stays with us. I'm not going to whine and complain if a lottery ticket goes somewhere else.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean, what?

so Kerfoot has as much value as Pavel Zacha or Mike McLeod?

No, I didn't talk about the value of said asset just that he is in fact an asset like any of our other prospects. Obviously there are values attached to each but to dismiss him as if he has no value seems silly to me.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
No one cares that you don't care. Shero can't put a gun to his head and force him to stay. Alex Kerfoot is a human being who will do what he wants.

4 year NCAA prospects that aren't good until they turn 21 but end up making the NHL are extremely rare. Guy hasn't even finished his senior year and you're acting like he's some blue chip stud.

It would be nice if he turned into something but the odds are slim, even if he stays with us. I'm not going to whine and complain if a lottery ticket goes somewhere else.

Nobody was saying he's a stud. Just that he's a prospect who we drafted and it would be a shame to lose said draft pick for nothing.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No, I didn't talk about the value of said asset just that he is in fact an asset like any of our other prospects. Obviously there are values attached to each but to dismiss him as if he has no value seems silly to me.

Exactly.

Kerfoot is also having an excellent season.

I havnt seen anyone comparing him to McDavid but I hope Ray can sign him.

We can sure use as many skilled players as possible in our pipeline.

It was barren for so many years and is still not where it should be after 5 playoff-less seasons.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Losing him would suck, having an awesome year. He absolutely has a chance to make the NHL, and by exploring his options I'm assuming he's aware of it. The fact that a 5th round college player doesn't want to play for the Devils says a lot about the position this team is in. If we don't pick 1 or 2 they may as well be named the NJ titanic. Zacha and McLeod are not enough or close to enough to pull us up from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad