Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Chris Ryan not convinced

Chris RyanVerified account‏@ChrisRyan_NJ 3m3 minutes ago
More
Devils say Parenteau is out tonight after blocking a shot Saturday. But we'll see

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He did miss time during the game due to it, so it's not totally out of the question. Especially if you do want to try and trade him before the deadline, don't run him out to risk further injury possibly.

Just speculation.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm hoping this doesn't take a hatchet to his value.

It was rumored that Parenteau had some interest last deadline, but suffered a similarly minor injury just before the deadline. Toronto obviously held onto him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It was rumored that Parenteau had some interest last deadline, but suffered a similarly minor injury just before the deadline. Toronto obviously held onto him.

Maybe, or teams just don't like him. According to Lebrun in the other thread supposedly nobody else even put in a claim for PAP before the season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Devils have no reason not to deal him.

Bennett, Noesen, Lappin, DSP for the rest of the year are all capable of filling what Parenteau has produced.

If Blandisi is really playing RW tonight then that's another option.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Blender in top 6.

Blandisi Henrique Bennett

Hopefully Blandisi takes the primary puck-moving duties on that line.

Henrique is nifty and skilled enough to finish the chances Blandisi generates and Bennet does a good job of driving possession -- even though I still don't understand how he does it.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe, or teams just don't like him. According to Lebrun in the other thread supposedly nobody else even put in a claim for PAP before the season.

I saw that, too. It makes sense, in a way, that teams wouldn't want to absorb a vet in September with so many question marks in their lineups.

Now, though, you've got to think someone has use for Parenteau.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Hopefully Blandisi takes the primary puck-moving duties on that line.

Henrique is nifty and skilled enough to finish the chances Blandisi generates and Bennet does a good job of driving possession -- even though I still don't understand how he does it.

Bennett is maybe the best passer on this team outside of Hall. He doesn't necessarily make these crazy cross ice passes for chances, but his short range passing game is money. Always makes the right choices and good with the puck in tight.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Bennett is maybe the best passer on this team outside of Hall. He doesn't necessarily make these crazy cross ice passes for chances, but his short range passing game is money. Always makes the right choices and good with the puck in tight.

I suppose so, I'll have to look out for that now.

Never really paid attention to that but it would make sense for why he would have good possession numbers as a winger. In all honesty, Bennett has started to annoy me lately as he just throws the puck on net with no one in front often. At times it looks like he's just padding his Corsi.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
@ChrisRyan_NJ 11m11 minutes ago

John Hynes reiterates that Parenteau's scratch isn't trade related. Said he's day-to-day after a shot hit his finger

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I liked Quincey. Thought he played well in his short stint here. Hope he finds success if traded.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I liked Quincey. Thought he played well in his short stint here. Hope he finds success if traded.

He's definitely better than the other options that were trotted out for the #6 D - Moore, Auvitu, Helgs, etc.

Guys like him go for a premium at the trade deadline.

Camille the Eel

What is the injury to Zacha? As we are going no where this year, okay. But he was making major contributions whenever we were competitive. Both on the power play and his line with Josefson and whomever was generating a strong forecheck too.

We will be very much less competitive with him in IR.

Finally both Moore and Quincey should be of deadline interest. Both experienced guys who've been in good locker rooms who could contribute on a contender. Quincey more than Moore for sure. All that Red Wings pedigree.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He's definitely better than the other options that were trotted out for the #6 D - Moore, Auvitu, Helgs, etc.

Guys like him go for a premium at the trade deadline.

While I hope you're right about the return, I think Auvitu is a better option for us anyway. Knowing Hynes though we should see a healthy amount of Moore or Helgeson once Quincey is moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad