Devils 2015-16 team discussion (player news & notes) part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A trade similar to Palmieri makes sense, though I don't expect the player we get to turn out quite as good as Palmieri.

Whatever gives us a better 3rd line too. That was our biggest problem all year, and I've been saying it since November. Our 3rd line was outscored by the 4th line this year. No matter who played on it, it always really was terrible at offense. And we need 30-ish point players on our 3rd line, not 15-20 point guys or fewer.

I'm hoping Sislo signs somewhere else as a UFA, like Joe Whitney did last year. He's good for Albany, but I'm tired of how much they seem to like him. But worst case scenario, they've probably given up on trying to tap his AHL offense out of him at the NHL level.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Players are giving fans their jerseys.

First class.

in toronto the fans toss jerseys to the players….but not 'this season' i guess :shakehead

a truly 'interesting' thing theyve got going on there with the media fuelling a never ending comedy

if ever a perpetual motion machine were to be invented it could run on the brainwaves of leaf fans……..over and over, without reason….a constant flow with no end goal in sight

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A trade similar to Palmieri makes sense, though I don't expect the player we get to turn out quite as good as Palmieri.

Whatever gives us a better 3rd line too. That was our biggest problem all year, and I've been saying it since November. Our 3rd line was outscored by the 4th line this year. No matter who played on it, it always really was terrible at offense. And we need 30-ish point players on our 3rd line, not 15-20 point guys or fewer.

I'm hoping Sislo signs somewhere else as a UFA, like Joe Whitney did last year. He's good for Albany, but I'm tired of how much they seem to like him. But worst case scenario, they've probably given up on trying to tap his AHL offense out of him at the NHL level.

Well we could create a list of teams in cap hell or getting ready to enter it and see if they have an underutilized talent.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Well we could create a list of teams in cap hell or getting ready to enter it and see if they have an underutilized talent.

I can just about guarantee he already has this list and has already talked to his targets. This is literally part of his job as GM. We can all tell that he is very active as well.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Least amount of goals in the league and 2 players scored 33% of them, we badly need depth

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Least amount of goals in the league and 2 players scored 33% of them, we badly need depth

Yep though some of that is coming already with Boucher in his second full year, likely Zacha coming next year and guys like Wood close behind. Maybe even DSP in a full year on a third line RW. There will be more upgrades obviously though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yep though some of that is coming already with Boucher in his second full year, likely Zacha coming next year and guys like Wood close behind. Maybe even DSP in a full year on a third line RW. There will be more upgrades obviously though.

Healthier Camm and another top 6 RW should help a lot as well.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Depth was clearly the problem. Granted they got to it in the last game but two 30 goal scorers wasn't expected of this team. It's not smart to count on Cammalleri staying healthy but if he played like 70 games and put up 20-25 that would go a long way. Throw in even a combined 50 goals from the 3rd line and the team looks very different IMO. Our bottom 6 this year literally did nothing as far as scoring almost all year. Thankfully Farnham, Gio, Tootoo, Ruutu all will of at least most of them will be gone.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Not that they're in any imminent cap trouble, but with Castron here and Columbus unable to put it together, I wonder if the Devils are looking at any of the Jackets' forwards.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Not that they're in any imminent cap trouble, but with Castron here and Columbus unable to put it together, I wonder if the Devils are looking at any of the Jackets' forwards.
Would not be surprised, but the in-division dynamic makes that more difficult than it otherwise would be.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Can't count on a healthier Cammalleri.

I we can get 60 games + he's healthy for the playoffs, I'm fine with that. I expect a couple of injuries, but as long as it's not season ending he'll be a huge help. He was Parise-lite when healthy his year. Well actually he was better than Parise this year lol.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Can't count on a healthier Cammalleri.

You can typically count on 65ish games from Camm.

But with Bouch and Blandisi Elias and now Zacha LW is not our biggest concern.

Legit #1 C would be optimal however unrealistic, and a top 6 RW. I think there are enough guys in house, if we include guys like Kalinin, JJ Kennedy and the youngins, to fill the rest of the spots.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I can just about guarantee he already has this list and has already talked to his targets. This is literally part of his job as GM. We can all tell that he is very active as well.

This is why I haven't been losing my mind at the end to this season.
If they are able to:
sign a player like Okposo
possibly trade for another player taking advantage of cap issues or lack of ice time
then sprinkle the kids in throughout the rest of the lineup openings

I think they'll be fine and competing for a playoff spot next season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We talk often about acquiring a bad contract along with a young player.

Is it possible/realistic to trade our 2nd rnder and receive back a 1st and a bad contract?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I hate to do a downer post on the morning after of such a fantastic night for Devils Nation, but, did we end up scoring the fewest goals in Devils history in a 80+ game season?

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Came to the boards, saw the signings. Saw that Zacha had a great showing and Santini was solid. Saw Rico and Palms breaking into the 30 goal scorer territory.

Gotta say it, I haven't been this excited since the cup run. Next season will be interesting. Our prospects have taken big strides and bring a lot of hope for the future. Shero has been awesome so far.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hate to do a downer post on the morning after of such a fantastic night for Devils Nation, but, did we end up scoring the fewest goals in Devils history in a 80+ game season?

No. We topped last year's mark by three goals and 2010-11 by ten.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Cammy will be good for 65+, he is in incredible shape and the injuries are nothing chronic. You can't predict a wrist injury.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
The emergence of Palmeiri is the best thing that happened to this team since Kovalchuk was brought in. Infuse Zacha, Boucher, Wood, Quenneville, and Blandisi and the forwards are close to set. Just add a #1 RW in free agency and possibly a #3C for depth purposes.

So excited what this team can do next season if our Vets can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad