Devils 2015-16 team discussion (player news & notes) part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Torts 1000th game coached tonight.

Need a drago clip of "You vill lose" in there.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
2nd try. :)

Screenshot_2016-03-19-10-18-02-1_zpsfz7p8gv1.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blue Jackets just called up Tommy Salo again.

Real funny guys. Why don't you save the transportation costs and just dress the Nationwide Arena janitor to play against us tonight, he can probably keep it up to 1 or under if he has that Blue Jackets jersey on.

Why not just play Torts in goal? He can go for so many records. First person in NHL history to have his 1000th game coached and first game as a player on the same night. I'm sure he can keep it to one or none too.

Frickin dress JD.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
KPalm good to go tonight. Stifflo game time decision, O'crappy will play if Stiffs can't.

Schlemko out, Helgeson in. Warofsky will sit.

Group Chat Legend*

Anything that removes #1 Edmonton and #2 those tankers in Toronto is a great start for me. Having NJ in the top 3 is icing.

Winning a pick would do us very well.

Problem is we have to win the pick or we pick mid round, which almost never works in our favor with our drafting history of forwards...

Almost makes you wonder if Shero trades the pick for assurance and more immediate help with Schneider and Greene's age

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Problem is we have to win the pick or we pick mid round, which almost never works in our favor with our drafting history of forwards...

Almost makes you wonder if Shero trades the pick for assurance and more immediate help with Schneider and Greene's age

But it would have to be a protected top 3 or top 5
What kind of help line a Drouin kind of move or similar?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

New guys at the draft table will change old drafting habits.

If it were me, I wouldn't let Greene or Schneiders age change the long term strategy that I hope Shero has in place. Unless of course he plans on being very aggressive in FA.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
New guys at the draft table will change old drafting habits.

If it were me, I wouldn't let Greene or Schneiders age change the long term strategy that I hope Shero has in place. Unless of course he plans on being very aggressive in FA.

From what Devilswede was saying he is thinking long term but not THAT long term. 3-5 years total max to get on track, and it seems its more about putting age limits on guys we bring in long term. Seems over 28 or so and you will not get a long term contract offer here (he isn't opposed to older guys getting short term deals as plugs).

Also if another Kyle like deal appears we are going to take it.

Group Chat Legend*

From what Devilswede was saying he is thinking long term but not THAT long term. 3-5 years total max to get on track, and it seems its more about putting age limits on guys we bring in long term. Seems over 28 or so and you will not get a long term contract offer here (he isn't opposed to older guys getting short term deals as plugs).

Also if another Kyle like deal appears we are going to take it.

Well this is a bit obvious

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hypothetically Elias returns to 100% over the offseason and wants to play. Anyone opposed to signing him for a one year deal? I'm kind of torn. I think he would be a valuable guy to have around for guys like Blandisi, Zacha, JQ, etc should they all be around. Flip side of that is he might be blocking someone younger.

Group Chat Legend*

Merrill needs to be moved he is awful.

And side note but we have by far the worst people on TV when the Devils air on MSG. Steve, Ken, and that b$%ch who I hate... By far the worst. Anytime we play a local team I watch their feed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Deb is the worst by far.

Cangy is a good broadcaster but he doesn't know the nuances of the game.

Love Dano but he has a rough voice for tv as a commentator.

Group Chat Legend*

Deb is the worst by far.

Cangy is a good broadcaster but he doesn't know the nuances of the game.

Love Dano but he has a rough voice for tv as a commentator.

His voice isnt the problem, he is blind. the guy calls out players who arent even on the ice.

its not commentary its a joke. only reason he has a job is because he is who he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad