Post-Game Talk: Devils 2, Bruins 1 - sudden death (to Boston)!

HF Devils Three Stars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
never been a fan of the early starts and had to miss this one…..busy smoking sausages

but man…..what a game winning goal and pass to set it up!

upload_2021-1-17_11-0-16.gif

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
never been a fan of the early starts and had to miss this one…..busy smoking sausages

but man…..what a game winning goal and pass to set it up!

You gotta get an electric smoker for gameday. They're fire and forget aside from having to add more wood chips every 30-60 minutes. Who's got time to monitor your smoker temperature when Jack Hughes is putting up 1+ pt a game AGAINST MEN?

Edit: autocorrect typos.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
So I admit to being pretty excited after the first two games. Some good performances from the boys, 3 out of 4 points... Sharangovich is a gem, which is spectacular news, and of course Blackwood is looking like a long-term starter (but with goaltenders it's always hard to tell what the long-term trajectory will be).

The team clearly needs more size and strength. Wood brings both, which is why he's irreplaceable in the lineup, IMO. Lots of speed and skill (which is good) but we lean too hard in that direction, and the defense is going to need some significant rehashing between now and future cup contention.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
What impressed me so far is I thought McLeod and Bastian weren't physical guys... and they proved me wrong.

I'm not as sure about Bastian's reputation but I feel like I knew McLeod could be a bit of a wrecking ball. But I also thought that both guys were career minor leaguers, and I was just so impressed with how they played the last two games, they far exceeded my expectations. If they can end up as effective bottom six guys, that's a huge win for the team.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Subtle play driver that doesn't have a shot this season?

He constantly is in the right position and makes the right plays to get the play up the ice and into the offensive zone. That is a play driver.

He’s definitely struggled in the offensive zone, but McLeod and Bastian’s style is grind it out and crash the net. That’s not really Kuokkanen’s game.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
What impressed me so far is I thought McLeod and Bastian weren't physical guys... and they proved me wrong.

Bastian has always been a physical type of player. While Mcleod wasn't soft by any means, he has been playing very different in a good way. It's nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad