Devils 1st pick poll

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Toss up between Lindholm and Monahan but went with Monahan. Almost positive they'll be gone before #9 though. After those two, Shinkaruk.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Monahan. Two way forward, good scorer, played well on crappy team, future captain of any franchise that picks him

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Monahan, BPA. The tiebreaker between Monahan and Lindholm for me is that Monahan could step in next year and help out. Although I don't think either are there and I hope we draft Shinkaruk.

Nichushkin will fail.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
it'll be Monahan if he's there, seems like a Devils pick.

if no one falls, then Shinkaruk but I have the feeling this team would draft Horvat instead :(

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Monahan, BPA. The tiebreaker between Monahan and Lindholm for me is that Monahan could step in next year and help out. Although I don't think either are there and I hope we draft Shinkaruk.

Nichushkin will fail.

ah ok, its settled!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What would you think if the Devils traded their pick for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I don't actually know if I even want Monahan. Actually I'd be very happy with that pick but I don't know why Nickushkin isn't getting more love. O well

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Just a feeling I get, I just don't see him succeeding in the NHL.

No need to come in with your condescending post and act like a dick, providing 0 value to the discussion as you often do.

ah yes I forget, saying "Nichushkin will fail" is the hard hitting analysis I come to this board for.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
What would you think if the Devils traded their pick for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year?

I would think you would want a crappy team to take that offer but a crappy team will know that next year they will be crappy so they won't want to give up the picks. A top 10 team would I think jump at this offer to potentially get say monohan for next year number 20-25 plus 50-55. Tough call on that offer

MountainGoat

trade down and draft Domi

I like all of the things I've heard about Nichushkin but I don't think he'll be on the table at 9

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
trade down and draft Domi

I like all of the things I've heard about Nichushkin but I don't think he'll be on the table at 9

I'm getting the feeling that you won't be able to trade down very much if Domi is your target. I bet he is gone by 12.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Nichushkin is an absolute no brainer if this "character questions" stuff makes him fall to number 9. Even if there's something to it, the Blackhawks seem to be doing pretty well with that number one overall draft pick with character issues. Kovy could teach him about how to be a pro and they would probably both benefit.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm getting the feeling that you won't be able to trade down very much if Domi is your target. I bet he is gone by 12.

Domi has been so back and forward on most analysts mock drafts and rankings though. Ive seen him as high as 8 and as low as 20ish. and not even over time, im talking about recent ones too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad