67 Travis Ewanyk
69 Kale Kessy
71 Kyle Platzer
72 Connor Jones
76 Kellen Jones
96 Greg Chase

EDMONTON OILERS 2013 DEVELOPMENT CAMP SCHEDULE

DATE TIME EVENT
Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:00am - 2:00pm Medical & Fitness Testing (Rexall Place)
Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:30am - 11:30am ON-ICE SESSION (Millennium Place)
Friday, July 5, 2013 9:15am - 11:30am ON-ICE SESSION (Millennium Place)
Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:30am - 11:30am ON-ICE SESSION (Millennium Place)
Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:30am - 11:30am ON-ICE SESSION (Millennium Place)
Monday, July 8, 2013 9:30am - 11:30am ON-ICE SESSION (Millennium Place)
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:00am - 11:00am SCRIMMAGE (Millennium Place)

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
For someone not very in the know about dev camps, why don't I see (G) Olivier Roy in that list? Has he been supplanted by two guys I've never heard of, or is there some other reason? Basically just wondering what's going on there.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
For someone not very in the know about dev camps, why don't I see (G) Olivier Roy in that list? Has he been supplanted by two guys I've never heard of, or is there some other reason? Basically just wondering what's going on there.

He may no longer be eligible for the thing, he was drafted in 2009 so he may simply be too old.

(Is Marco Roy = Marc Andre Roy i assume?)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

I think it may have to do with the number of seasons played since turning pro.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
size in spades all over this list. interesting.
btw why no Bigos? did they decide to eventually drop him?

No signed out of college. They say hell get camp invite if he goes through waivers and no team signs him

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Every year I hope for Laleggia to get a shot.

Hopefully he gets an invite to main camp.

Won't happen. NCAA players can't go to their team's training camp or they lose their NCAA eligibility. Laleggia won't get to camp until he leaves school and is signed by the Oilers.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So, it could happen?

just very unlikely

Sure. If the Oilers decide that their AHL team isn't already overflowing with possible D-men, Laleggia decides to leave school early, and they sign him to a contract.

Doesn't sound too likely for this season. I expect he's probably going to play all 4 years in the NCAA. As a small d-man taken in a late round, it's the smart move for him.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Sure. If the Oilers decide that their AHL team isn't already overflowing with possible D-men, Laleggia decides to leave school early, and they sign him to a contract.

Doesn't sound too likely for this season. I expect he's probably going to play all 4 years in the NCAA. As a small d-man taken in a late round, it's the smart move for him.

I always thought for these development camps NCAA players could come as long as they pay their own way.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
No signed out of college. They say hell get camp invite if he goes through waivers and no team signs him

Bigos not being invited is a bad sign.

If there is sincerity about main camp why wouldn't he be at this camp.

I find it frustrating that the Oilers used a draft pick on Betker who best case will be what Bigos is now. But Betker has less offense and is 4 years behind in development.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A name that stood out to me on that list was Kenny Morrison. That's the kid that was seen with the Oilers brass at an Oilers game wearing an Oilers hat. Danny Dekeyser's former teammate. I was hoping that we'd sign him by now, hopefully he shows us that he has the goods and we sign him now or at least let him know that when he wants to turn pro that we are ready to sign him.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Bigos not being invited is a bad sign.

If there is sincerity about main camp why wouldn't he be at this camp.

I find it frustrating that the Oilers used a draft pick on Betker who best case will be what Bigos is now. But Betker has less offense and is 4 years behind in development.

I was hoping to see Bigos there too. If we're dropping Plante and maybe Teubert, I think we should be taking a look at a giant RHD. We're flush with LHD. I'm hoping they can get Bigos on an AHL deal.

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
A name that stood out to me on that list was Kenny Morrison. That's the kid that was seen with the Oilers brass at an Oilers game wearing an Oilers hat. Danny Dekeyser's former teammate. I was hoping that we'd sign him by now, hopefully he shows us that he has the goods and we sign him now or at least let him know that when he wants to turn pro that we are ready to sign him.

Good eye BBO. I remember this too. Was around the time the Dekeyser signed.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
The kid I'm interested in hearing from you guys how he progressed over the last year is Jujhar Khaira. That kid was already a huge body last year. If Eakins and crew can get his skating going, I think he's gonna be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad