Prospect Info: Development camp

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
Development Camp invite info starting to come out.

@Bob_Stauffer: justin Feser a 40 goal, 100 point man for Tri-City commits to ST. FX in CIS. Feser, from Red Deer will attend Phoenix Developnent Camp

@Bob_Stauffer: Feser was also offered a chance to attend #Oilers Development Camp and was recruited by U of A. Feser is an AHL-ECHL tweener IMO...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy 10m
The @EdmontonOilers summer prospect camp will be in Sherwood Park again from July 2-9th.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Guy Flaming ‏@TPS_Guy 10m
The @EdmontonOilers summer prospect camp will be in Sherwood Park again from July 2-9th.

Good stuff. That camp is usually pretty fun. Yakupov and Klefbom really stood out last year.

I am particularly interested in seeing how Klefbom looks post injury. In the admittedly limited clips and highlights I saw of him in Sweden last year, he looked incredibly effective. He shut down plays in his end with relative ease using a mixture of smart body/stick positioning and pure strength. He skated and handled the puck well. His passing looked crisp and he also made smart decisions. A near complete package kind of D.

I hope the injury didn't derail that. I have high hopes for him.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So camp is Thursday. Tom Gazzola stated "most if not all of the new prospects will be at camp"

I wonder if the Russians will be coming over, and who else will be. Saw that Tuohimaa is on his way.

Any other news?

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
So camp is Thursday. Tom Gazzola stated "most if not all of the new prospects will be at camp"

I wonder if the Russians will be coming over, and who else will be. Saw that Tuohimaa is on his way.

Any other news?

Zharkov ‏is on his way too
@DaniilZharkov
Looking forward to be in @EdmontonOilers rookie camp this week !!! #OilCountry#Oilers#
He also knows Yakimov and Slepyshev, I bet he can convince them to come too.
@DaniilZharkov
Wow...two Russians and old team-mates and line-mates just got drafted to @EdmontonOilers !!!#welcome#oilcountry#friends#NHLDraft2013

knockoutpanda

Oilers Fan
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I think Yakupov has kind of eased the Russian factor for the Oilers in the draft. That can only be a good thing. Nice to see Daniil is coming and I am sure Yakimov will be there.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Players arrive between 11:00 and 2:00 tomorrow.
Tues and weds are physicals, meetings etc. no on ice activities until Thursday.
Tues and Weds activities are not at Sherwood park and are not open to the public.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
On Twittter seems like -

G Franky Palazzese
F Jake Doty

- are both coming. The goalie seems of interest.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Should be an interesting group of kids this year. I was glad to see Zharkov tweeting he's coming into Edmonton for it.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I just flew in from London, UK, today, and at the conveyer belts there were three young dudes with big Oilers bags. Probably coming for the camp, didn't recognize any of them.

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
I am looking forward to watching Nurse and Klefbom on the ice together. Both are large, excellent skating Dmen. Neither of them are overly offensive but seem to have the capability to make an outlet pass.

Do we know if Yakimov or Slepyshev are attending?

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I am looking forward to watching Nurse and Klefbom on the ice together. Both are large, excellent skating Dmen. Neither of them are overly offensive but seem to have the capability to make an outlet pass.

Do we know if Yakimov or Slepyshev are attending?

Yakimov is no idea on Slepyshev yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad