Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster released - Camp July 12-16th

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I liked what I heard about him before hand I like to keep hearing good things.

Honestly I'm excited. Our forward pool just seems so much better now

I feel the same way.

I also want to give a shout out to Scott Savage. He scored two goals and acquitted himself real well out there. I think it'd be worth giving him a look in main camp, maybe give him a contract. His familiarity with Santini is a plus, too.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I feel the same way.

I also want to give a shout out to Scott Savage. He scored two goals and acquitted himself real well out there. I think it'd be worth giving him a look in main camp, maybe give him a contract. His familiarity with Santini is a plus, too.

Totally agree. He was strong even without his goals. Same with Cockerill. I thought they were our best two invites.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That is... almost ***** inducing. Forgive the exaggeration MODs but to FINALLY have some forward prospects excites me.

As I said last night, it's nice to see our top 10 prospects devoid of the Graham Black's and Kujawinski's and frickin Alex Urbom's the last couple years.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
As I said last night, it's nice to see our top 10 prospects devoid of the Graham Black's and Kujawinski's and frickin Alex Urbom's the last couple years.
Agreed with your overall point however I still have some hope for Kujawinski. 21 points in 59 games in Albany in a bottom 6 role as a 20 year old isn't too bad. Good size with some skill, you see flashes at times. With all of the turnover in Albany he could have a bigger role this season.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Agreed with your overall point however I still have some hope for Kujawinski. 21 points in 59 games in Albany in a bottom 6 role as a 20 year old isn't too bad. Good size with some skill, you see flashes at times. With all of the turnover in Albany he could have a bigger role this season.

I hope so. He has size and can skate well and had a couple of those "best player on the ice" compliments thrown his way during his time in juniors. He's a project for sure, I hope he puts it together and can contribute in the NHL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I mean, he could be alright. It's nothing against him personally, it's just that if he's one of the forward prospects you have to be the most excited about, your probably hurting in the pipeline.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Every once in a while Kuja shows flashes of the guy he was drafted to be. Injuries and inconcistency have hurt his development pretty badly though. I don't really have much hope for him but I know he has skill so maybe he can work it out.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Guys that I thought played the best...

1. Mcleod - Was the most noticeable player out there. Obviously has great speed but can also make moves and shoot at a high speed. Holds onto the puck very well. If he learns to slow the game down a little and works on his shot he can be one of the best centers in the game.

2. Bastian - Didn't really even notice he was playing in the first half but he turned it on in the 2nd and scored 2 really nice goals. He could be the steel of the draft and one of the premier power forwards in the game.

3. Cangelosi - Super fast but undersized. Really knows what to do in the offensive zone. Seems to have a very good hockey IQ. Scored a tremendous shoot out goal. I think we should sign him to a two way deal when we get the chance.

4. White - Looked like our best offensive D man out there. Controlled the puck well and was often seen down low in the offensive zone controlling the puck. Very good mobility.

5. Blackwood - Was a rock in net. He looked pretty big out there and showed very good composure. Its hard to judge goalies but he looks like a keeper. He should be competing for a spot in Albany this year.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Like what I'm hearing about White. It would be nice, down the line, if he could translate his offensive abilities to the NHL.

White seems like an Andy Greene type player. He has the ability to put up points but he is just so good defensively that he doesn't get a chance to open up on the offensive side.

I liked what i saw from him yesterday, he was more impressive this season then last i felt.

He was (IMO) the 3rd best Dman on the ice yesterday. You can see that Santini and Jacobs are ahead of him. Jacobs might make the team this year, and he will get a cup of coffee for sure. I really liked his game.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
White seems like an Andy Greene type player. He has the ability to put up points but he is just so good defensively that he doesn't get a chance to open up on the offensive side.

I liked what i saw from him yesterday, he was more impressive this season then last i felt.

He was (IMO) the 3rd best Dman on the ice yesterday. You can see that Santini and Jacobs are ahead of him. Jacobs might make the team this year, and he will get a cup of coffee for sure. I really liked his game.

Thanks for the insight. I wouldn't say no to another Andy Greene type down the road, either. :)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is going to be a fun year to watch the growth and development of some of these young guys on the doorstep. Development camp has been a fun first glimpse although I'm more than a little disappointed that Zacha wasn't available. Hopefully Zacha gets a full camp and preseason and gets the injury bug behind him.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Aside from McLeod/Bastian I think Gignac was my favorite performer from the 2016 class in camp. That's a pick that has me very excited. The change in drafting philosophy is so refreshing getting guys like that in the 3rd instead of the Connor Chatham's.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Aside from McLeod/Bastian I think Gignac was my favorite performer from the 2016 class in camp. That's a pick that has me very excited. The change in drafting philosophy is so refreshing getting guys like that in the 3rd instead of the Connor Chatham's.

This kid was exciting to watch. He showed some really nice flashes during the game yesterday. He seems like a very good skater and has really smooth and quick hands. He shot seemed a little weak but i know he is still young, but its something for him to work on moving forward. But he was pretty impressive from what i saw yesterday.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Without looking at the numbers Kevin Rooney really impressed me with his speed. At his size, why didn't he put up more points in college. NJ has so many blazers in this game. Half of them have excellent speed.

Bratt had one shift where he showed tremendous hockey sense without the puck in the offensive zone. 3 times his linemates could have hit him for a scoring chance but they passed up.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for all the info on the scrimmage guys. Very excited about our prospect pool now, I think they're just an objectively good group of prospects. Bastian and McLeod excite me a ton from this past draft. I think I was expecting him to be good this camp but it's still great to hear Mac Black showed up. He has all the physical tools to be a force in the league. And hearing that White stood out is awesome. Always thought he was low-key one of our better defense prospects and will eventually make the jump to the NHL, he just needs time to simmer.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
White has NHL potential because of his skating and decision making ability with the puck, however his size/strength may hold him back unless he bulks up in the next two years.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I mean, he could be alright. It's nothing against him personally, it's just that if he's one of the forward prospects you have to be the most excited about, your probably hurting in the pipeline.

That's not the way to look at it. The bigger picture is we want all the prospects to succeed, because those that Shero decides not to keep, he'll use in trades.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
As everyone else said, McLeod really stood out.. I did like Bastian and he had two nice goals but otherwise didn't do too much. Santini wasn't too noticeable but that is probably a compliment/good thing for a player like him. I wasn't that impressed by Auvitu, definitely think he should be in Albany. I wasn't that impressed by Miles Wood, he fell several times ala Clarkson. Other than that a few guys had wheels but I didn't think anyone but Mikey McLeod really stood out from the pack.

It was too bad Zacha didn't play. Also great name, Scotty Savage.

Oh and Dudek I believe it was had a filthy shooutout goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad