Confirmed with Link: Development Camp Roster released - Camp July 12-16th

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bastian looked great - worried about McCloud, he was pissed when he got hit. Concussion maybe?

Oh my god, why is everything automatically a concussion?

The dude only left a scrimmage and this is the last day of camp and the C word is already being thrown around. I'd at least wait a week or so, maybe 10 days to see if he comes back.

Of course with this being the offseason, we don't have a week or 10 days to wait around and see.

Group Chat Legend*

The dude only left a scrimmage and this is the last day of camp and the C word is already being thrown around. I'd at least wait a week or so, maybe 10 days to see if he comes back.

Of course with this being the offseason, we don't have a week or 10 days to wait around and see.

Well concussion comes to mind because normally a player doesn't get agitated, immediately leave the ice, and keep touching his head after a normal-looking hit?

What other injury am I left to assume exactly?

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Well concussion comes to mind because normally a player doesn't get agitated, immediately leave the ice, and keep touching his head after a normal-looking hit?

What other injury am I left to assume exactly?

Having had a concussion once while playing I can tell you they don't make you agitated - quite the opposite, actually. Didn't see it, but what you're describing sounded more like someone got a glove or elbow up.

Group Chat Legend*

Having had a concussion once while playing I can tell you they don't make you agitated - quite the opposite, actually. Didn't see it, but what you're describing sounded more like someone got a glove or elbow up.

Maybe. Im not claiming to diagnose him, but when it seemed like he was annoyed at the idea of having to get off, and then did get off not to come back...

All im saying is it doesnt seem precautionary because then why would he be mad before getting off the ice? (He slammed the boards with his stick before getting on the bench, Only to head to the locker room.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Maybe. Im not claiming to diagnose him, but when it seemed like he was annoyed at the idea of having to get off, and then did get off not to come back...

All im saying is it doesnt seem precautionary because then why would he be mad before getting off the ice? (He slammed the boards with his stick before getting on the bench, Only to head to the locker room.

I wonder if they told him to come off for precautionary reasons and he felt there was nothing wrong?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Maybe he was mad at himself for getting hit? Or didn't like how he was hit? There could be any number of reasons.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Berzolla also gave Bastian a dirty two-handed slash to the back of the knee. Bastian turned around and stared him down. Pisses me off to see somebody do **** like that in a scrimmage.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Well it looked to me like he was a little dazed before coming off the ice, he just seemed to be standing still for several seconds but again it's problematic to play doctor. They didn't even let him go in the stupid shootout so obviously it was more than precautionary. But they'll never admit it if it was a concussion and it's another couple months before camp so it's kind of useless worrying about it at this point.

Of course it's a bit of a misnomer that every head hit's automatically a concussion too, sometimes you see stars and don't actually get a concussion.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Colin226. We had a fun day in Newark. It was hard to see much of Red, mostly because I was trying to keep my daughter from ruining someone else's day. McLeod was exciting. Bastian was good. Santini was calm and tried to join the rush a few times. I liked Speers and Rooney too. Blackwood looked solid and Gignac is my sleeper. Reminded me a touch of Marchand.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Well, these guys are competing for spots and I'm sure it gets heated at times. It's still a ****** move, but I'm sure it happens more than we know. I seem to remember Tootoo going after somebody in practice once.

Sure. I'd just rather if a prospect I'd barely heard of didn't potentially injure one of our top prospects.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
It looked rather harmless. I think McLeod will be just fine.

Its not like he got his head snapped back and hit the ice. Hell, Wood lost and edge and slammed into the boards and that looked far worse but he popped up and got back into the game.

I think McLeod would have kept playing if it was a real game but no need for him to today. He showed A LOT then he was in.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Love reading these great reviews of McLeod. I liked the pick when it was made and the more I read and hear about him the more I love the pick.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Oh cmon, its hockey people. No matter if it is floor hockey, beer league, roller hockey, ECHL, CHL, AHL, NHL, practice, scrimmages, you will always have someone slash, cheapshot, go after someone. Thats the kind of sport it is. Its always intense and these things should always be expected.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Bastian looked great - worried about McCloud, he was pissed when he got hit. Concussion maybe?

I'm not sweating the McLeod incident, especially if they said precautionary soon after. He took a hit, bent over a couple quick secs, then stood right up and skated off. He was probably pissed he left himself vulnerable for the hit cause he's easily more agile than anyone out there.

He also plays like a guy with a high compete level from what I saw today and I think those types of guys more than others get seriously pissed if they gotta come off for some bs. I think looking pissed as he exited the ice actually seemed like an encouraging sign.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
I wonder who would be better at Mcleod's wing? I'll say Zacha because I enjoy the buddy romance of Hall and Rico to much.
Not this year but in the future....
Hall-rico-palms
Zacha-mcleod-Bastian
Camm-zajac-Bennett/whoever
Boosh/wood-blender-DSP

Prob not ideal balance, but Dam that's a team that can score some goals!

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
God how insanely big and fast a line with Zacha and McLeod would be.

Who needs A Z-Z-Pops line when we can have Z-M-B

I didn't think too much of Bastian before camp. Figured he'd be an average power forward type. Now? I think he's easily one of our top 5 prospects. He's an absolute beast.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn't think too much of Bastian before camp. Figured he'd be an average power forward type. Now? I think he's easily one of our top 5 prospects. He's an absolute beast.

I liked what I heard about him before hand I like to keep hearing good things.

Honestly I'm excited. Our forward pool just seems so much better now

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bastian is still my favorite pick from this draft. Size, skill, skating can play anywhere anyway.

I really like this kid a lot. I like his demeanor and attitude, just about everything screams winner to me.

Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad