George Richards Development Camp July 9-15 (Approximately)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There’s actually a decent amount that are saying that. Happens with casuals.
Do these casuals even realize his payrate he would be preserving was still 925K and that Zito himself said Knight might be starting in the AHL this year and may stay there? So if he was really preserving a paycheck Knight wouldnt have CALLED THE LEAGUE HIMSELF to push for his participation in camp?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
He's insinuating, and let me dumb my shit down a bit and think 50 IQ here, that Knight didnt perform and felt the pressure and caved and when he was sent to the AHL he was unhappy and didnt want to report so he decided to fake needing mental help in order to avoid Zito trying to, or I guess since he said SAVE his paycheck, WAS GOING to void his contract of 950K this year and his impending 4.5M a year contract, for his refusal to report to Charlotte like Zadina did.

Let's use a Crayola chart to do his bullet points

View attachment 728420

Why would anyone think the NHL would be ok with that.......... Wtf

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Why would anyone think the NHL would be ok with that.......... Wtf
He put on his thinking cap and thats what he came up with

giphy.gif

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't know how yesterday went but I wouldn't mind seeing all of who I mentioned getting the chance against whoever the other teams are giving the chance to. But I'd have to agree with our ol buddy @Catsfan7 (name change or..?) on Vilmanis being a bit extra as well. I would think he has to get an honest chance to make the B team at least, raising eyebrows with the hands. Couple AK27 like moves :)
It helps Vilmanis was an older rookie in Sarina.

Even though this is only his second year eligible in the O, it will be his last year, as he turns 20 in January.

He could push for a spot in Charlotte.

He was on a very deep team in Sarnia last year. That's why his point total doesn't jump off the page.
He was on the third line by default most nights.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
We should probably start Knight in the AHL and play there as much as possible in my opinion. Let him get his groove back in there. It’s less pressure. And by some accounts that he seems to be taking it easy at training camp probably reflects to some understanding he has with management that it’s best if he does start with Charlotte.

Stolarz is a decent backup, so we should be fine.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We should probably start Knight in the AHL and play there as much as possible in my opinion. Let him get his groove back in there. It’s less pressure. And by some accounts that he seems to be taking it easy at training camp probably reflects to some understanding he has with management that it’s best if he does start with Charlotte.

Screenshot_20230713_113149_Samsung Internet.jpg

He only has 21 NHL games left until he's no longer waiver exempt so I agree with this. He's not gonna benefit from playing 20ish games behind Bob, he will develop more playing 40ish with Charlotte.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Actually, really disappointed with the camp this year.
Wasn't ita year or 2 ago the whole camp was streamed? Can't believe they didn't show one single piece.
Get with the times!

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Ok same names all looked great add a couple more.

It's basically consensus that Mackie is going to training camp for a more serious look.

Vilmanis and Skoog were all around *great*, both scored to cap off their full game performances. Both, to me, looked like they should also be a shoe in for training camp. Davies totally does look like he could be a 2nd Lomberg, not just for the menacing reasons, but he clearly has a keen sense on where to be.

I thought Romeo and Brady were the two best looking defensemen, not counting forward Skoog who I thought looked most like a defenseman in drills in the previous days, is another Lundell/Barky type of center.

Schwindt, Sawchyn, McAllister, and Devine I believe all scored and very well may have earned a shot as well.

All the goalies looked good despite the goals. Funny, the more goals a goalie gave up the better they looked than the next guy on the rest of the shots. Spence and Waeber weren't there, and this is speculation- but probably possibly because they didn't have any more to prove. I'd take both on the big club immediately.

BrindAmour didn't have the most exciting day, nor did that monsta Djibrill kill anyone as I hoped, but one day scrimmage makes/breaks it not of course..and Djibrill did fumble on the puck a couple times but his reach helped recover and make it a non issue. I'm not unsold on either.

Another good dev camp in the books, happy to feel at home again there. The more I remember, the more ill add lol

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

maybe he can work on that glove hand..

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
With this cap crunch having Mackie and/or Deni show themselves to be legit NHL wingers would go a long way in trying to go far in the playoffs again.

Reactions: KW

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would be a decent brief history of developing 1st round picks if Denisenko (2018) and Samoskevich (2021) can grow into good complimentary players.
Along with Lundell (2020) and Knight (2019), that could be four 1st rounders since 2018?

Something we've needed for a while when not drafting inside top 10.

Five if ya count Tippett (2017). </3

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Would be a decent brief history of developing 1st round picks if Denisenko (2018) and Samoskevich (2021) can grow into good complimentary players.
Along with Lundell (2020) and Knight (2019), that could be four 1st rounders since 2018?

Something we've needed for a while when not drafting inside top 10.

Five if ya count Tippett (2017). </3

6 if you count Crouse.

The only miss since 2015 would be.....that Skinny Fin who never put it together

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad