George Richards Development Camp July 9-15 (Approximately)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
With him it's just filling out and building his defensive game. No question of his talent, he's one of the best talents to ever come out of junior A Canada.
In '19 he played in the GOJHL, which is the local Junior B league around my area. I used to work for the one team driving Zamboni for all their home games.

I barely remember him that season. He is a small player, kind of plays with the bulldog mentality. Not overly physical, but plays hard. More of a setup guy than the scorer if I remember correctly. He was traded that season, looking up his point totals he wasn't even a point per game player back then.

He has since blown up; he intrigues me. Maybe he is your classic late bloomer?

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In '19 he played in the GOJHL, which is the local Junior B league around my area. I used to work for the one team driving Zamboni for all their home games.

I barely remember him that season. He is a small player, kind of plays with the bulldog mentality. Not overly physical, but plays hard. More of a setup guy than the scorer if I remember correctly. He was traded that season, looking up his point totals he wasn't even a point per game player back then.

He has since blown up; he intrigues me. Maybe he is your classic late bloomer?
He could be. It looks like ever since he went out west he blew up. Maybe he got more opportunity/ice time? I'm not sure, but in 21-22 he really took off for over 2ppg, and was part of one of the best lines ever in the AJHL. Maybe best ever, idk too much about AJHL history. I was surprised nobody drafted him in 22. Could be a case where we just got really lucky he kinda kept getting ignored and we signed him after a great ncaa season. Like I said, he does have to fill out and improve his defense, far from a sure thing. But he's a guy to keep an eye on.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Today's drill standouts that looked like they were trying to make training camp were Samoskevich, Davies, Sawchyn, McAllister, Brady, Skoog, Romeo, and Vilmanis.

Spence was having a no pressure fun showboaty type of session while Waeber was trying to make the team. AHL worthy at the very least.

Who's Skoog? :laugh: never heard of Romeo as well? Camp Invites?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Today's drill standouts that looked like they were trying to make training camp were Samoskevich, Davies, Sawchyn, McAllister, Brady, Skoog, Romeo, and Vilmanis.

Spence was having a no pressure fun showboaty type of session while Waeber was trying to make the team. AHL worthy at the very least.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of Samo or Sawchyn get the 9 game tryout if they have a decent camp.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Heart melting

Reading the article from GR, it just sounds like the pressure and underperformance got to him. Really surprising because on the surface he always seems so calm, but goes to show you just never know what's really happening with someone.

Really rooting for him to have a great year, and not just because its good for the team, but he seems like a genuinely good kid. Hoping to see him wear that mask with the kid drawings, best mask idea ever.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Wouldn't be surprised if one of Samo or Sawchyn get the 9 game tryout if they have a decent camp.
I don't know how yesterday went but I wouldn't mind seeing all of who I mentioned getting the chance against whoever the other teams are giving the chance to. But I'd have to agree with our ol buddy @Catsfan7 (name change or..?) on Vilmanis being a bit extra as well. I would think he has to get an honest chance to make the B team at least, raising eyebrows with the hands. Couple AK27 like moves :)

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Reading the article from GR, it just sounds like the pressure and underperformance got to him. Really surprising because on the surface he always seems so calm, but goes to show you just never know what's really happening with someone.

Really rooting for him to have a great year, and not just because its good for the team, but he seems like a genuinely good kid. Hoping to see him wear that mask with the kid drawings, best mask idea ever.
Yep,

But dont look now, someone on Twitter is saying Knight quit on the team to save his paycheck lmfao

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
what...does that even mean...?
He's insinuating, and let me dumb my shit down a bit and think 50 IQ here, that Knight didnt perform and felt the pressure and caved and when he was sent to the AHL he was unhappy and didnt want to report so he decided to fake needing mental help in order to avoid Zito trying to, or I guess since he said SAVE his paycheck, WAS GOING to void his contract of 950K this year and his impending 4.5M a year contract, for his refusal to report to Charlotte like Zadina did.

Let's use a Crayola chart to do his bullet points

1689198619670.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad