OT: Developing situation in Edm(9 Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes Replacement, those damned Foreigners bringing all of their crime to our peaceful non-Foreign areas, where crime doesn't happen.

The reality is that without the existing citizens thirst for drugs and such there wouldn't be much of a market for gangs. Whether gangs are run by foreigners or non foreigners it is inconsequential they still make a negative impact in the community. However you would hope that the immigrants granted citizenship would strive for more than gang related life but sadly some of them probably fall into that circle due to prejudice or a lack of skills to bring to the workforce. I do agree with Replacement about selective immigration though but that is on an individual case basis and has nothing to do with where a person comes from. Perhaps not having the fear of being deported back to their own country makes it a little easier for these immigrants to go off the rails a bit?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yes Replacement, those damned Foreigners bringing all of their crime to our peaceful non-Foreign areas, where crime doesn't happen.

Heres an excellent article on the Somali subject from the most respected Newspaper in this country.

I'd hope that you'd read it to be more informed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-go-west-end-up-dead/article4365992/?page=all

The article points out much of what I've stated. Because I bother to have a background in that which I speak of my views are similar to those espoused in the article by individuals that study these phenomenon.

I have a thirst for knowledge and a want for solutions.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Also just because people share differing views from you does not give you the right to infer that they are prejudiced. Debate the point going on here not the person, this is no different than hockey discussion here in that regard. Any further inferences will be dealt with.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think we're done here. it's gotten too political

Fair enough. I think that people had their say and some information was provided so it would probably degenerate to more of a pissing match so it's best to call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad