Post-Game Talk: Devastating loss

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Shitty play but I feel any Oilers d-man was going to do the same thing. That's a product of playing scared chicken shit hockey. Veteran Keith craps his pants.. falls down and gives up the puck because he thinks he's under more pressure than he is. Because L.A never stops pressuring.

L.A has playoff hockey figured out. Edmonton doesn't. The only chance Edmonton has is to get the first one and pray to god L.A gets out of their playoff hockey mode.

And while Keith messed up the outlet... Smith gave up a f***ing cheezer there as well. In a tie game.. THAT's when you need the big saves. That's when we aren't getting them.

Last game was Bouchard, This game was Keith, First game was Smith. Next game the goat will be someone else.
They just take turns making errors on simple plays because they play scared.

I don't think someone like Ceci would have done that. If anything, its more inexcusable that a long time veteran in Keith would pull that shit off. Keith's supposed to be this calm Veteran on ice, and yet he flipped a puck right to the kings because he was afraid of getting hit. Even somebody as soft as f***ing butter in Barrie took hits while playing the puck. Keith is ass.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As you know I’m not a big Koski fan, so for me to even suggest they that they ponder it, you know times are desperate. ;)
No, trust me I got it. heh.

its Skinner time?

jk as well.

I wish there was another wonder antibiotic so the Oilers would stop being sick all the time. lol

This kind of thing doesn't get mentioned but Edmonton populace is being bombarded currently by any number of infectious stuff going around in what was an extended winter here. LA conversely would be seeing very little flu, colds, other outbreaks. Just another way in which its harder for players in Edmonton. In LA the only reason people would be coughing at all are Smoke and smog.. ;)

Reactions: bellagiobob

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I've been ragging on Draisaitl myself over the past little while and it's clear that he's been struggling to carry a line without McDavid. If he's injured AND ill I can partially understand his struggles but also have the mentality that he should try to power through, especially in his own end of the ice. He's amassed many GA at even strength, struggled to contributed offensively at ES, and clearly doesn't have the strength to win face-offs. I think it's partly on Woodcroft to put him in a position to succeed by limiting his ice time and/or putting him with someone like Nuge who can give him a playmaker to finish with.

Regardless of whether or not he's to blame, I think some of the comments in the GDT were abhorrently disgusting, calling him a "f***ing loser" and telling him to go f*** himself. These posters should feel ashamed of themselves. And this doesn't just apply to Draisaitl, it applies to every other player that has been attacked in a similar fashion: Smith, Keith, Puljujarvi, Bouchard, etc.

I get that we're all frustrated with this team but come on people, have some class.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
For the record the close losses have been a coin flip. Nurse hit the GD post with one minute left.
Blew the first game due to a stupid mistake.
There is no guarantee that we don't keep having bad luck or make stupid mistakes but overall I think we can still win this.
Predicting 3-1 win tomorrow. Oilers go up 3-0 in the first and trap the rest of the way.

Reactions: Niten Ichi Ryu

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
A 2 game winning streak is very possible, also Koskinen should have started game 4 and rest the 40-year-old Smith considering how much rubber he endured 1st 3 games and it showed in game 5 with the softies.

Why this team has so much loyalty to Smith. He is decent if rested, and down right horrible if not. Should have started Koski. For the record should call up and start Skinner, he is out best goalie after all.

Reactions: VainGretzky

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I've been ragging on Draisaitl myself over the past little while and it's clear that he's been struggling to carry a line without McDavid. If he's injured AND ill I can partially understand his struggles but also have the mentality that he should try to power through, especially in his own end of the ice. He's amassed many GA at even strength, struggled to contributed offensively at ES, and clearly doesn't have the strength to win face-offs. I think it's partly on Woodcroft to put him in a position to succeed by limiting his ice time and/or putting him with someone like Nuge who can give him a playmaker to finish with.

Regardless of whether or not he's to blame, I think some of the comments in the GDT were abhorrently disgusting, calling him a "f***ing loser" and telling him to go f*** himself. These posters should feel ashamed of themselves. And this doesn't just apply to Draisaitl, it applies to every other player that has been attacked in a similar fashion: Smith, Keith, Puljujarvi, Bouchard, etc.

I get that we're all frustrated with this team but come on people, have some class.

Drai need better wingers.

McLeod is a 3/4 centre. Not a second line winger. Hyman should be a third line winger with Nuge. JP should also be a third liner.

McDavid with Kane and Yamo should be fine.
Drai ??
RNH Hyman and JP
McLeod Foegele Ryan Kassian Archibald Shore (pick 3)

Winger depth is still an issue. Not enough proven wingers for the top 6. I guess you can play Hyman and JP on the second line, but that is not a great second line from my perspective (as this series has demonstrated).

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Why this team has so much loyalty to Smith. He is decent if rested, and down right horrible if not. Should have started Koski. For the record should call up and start Skinner, he is out best goalie after all.

IMO, its a lack of trust in Koskinen's goaltending more than anything.
Would be nice to see what Holloway could do if they called him up. Team is need of a spark plug on the wing and Holloway's playstyle fits that. Plus Carolina has no problem playing Seth Jarvis, so why can't the Oilers with Holloway? Zzzz....

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
IMO, its a lack of trust in Koskinen's goaltending more than anything.
Would be nice to see what Holloway could do if they called him up. Team is need of a spark plug on the wing and Holloway's playstyle fits that. Plus Carolina has no problem playing Seth Jarvis, so why can't the Oilers with Holloway? Zzzz....
The Avs called up Makar to play against the Flames a few years ago and never looked back in that series.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
For the record the close losses have been a coin flip. Nurse hit the GD post with one minute left.
Blew the first game due to a stupid mistake.
There is no guarantee that we don't keep having bad luck or make stupid mistakes but overall I think we can still win this.
Predicting 3-1 win tomorrow. Oilers go up 3-0 in the first and trap the rest of the way.

Agree, but I think they'll mop the floor with them game six, another 5 or 6 goal differential

Likewise, I know we can still win this series. And if they do, they'll be a much more evolved team ready for the next, more difficult opponent, as oppose to winning it in 5, with lopsided wins and an easy 1st round. Jets swept us last year, then got swept in the next round

This series going 7 could be a blessing in disguise

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

Yeah, there should be more discretion shown by a number of people in these forums when it comes to calling players out in that way. And it shouldn't be done based on small sample sizes of a game or 2, particularly when the player is one of the big contributors to why we're even in a playoff spot.

Draisaitl is definitely struggling and not playing his best for whatever reason (injury, illness, possibly both), and as a result seems to be trying to take shortcuts on the defensive side of the puck. There's a way to criticize him for that without calling him a "f***ing loser" (as you noted above), because that label is just patently false.

Duder54

I've gotten up early over here in Europe for each game so far. I think I'll sleep in though tomorrow and just catch the highlights. I figure, if the Oilers suck and lose in 6, I'll be glad I didn't wake up. And if they win, great, then I get to watch game 7 Sunday morning here. Seems like a win-win to me.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oilers could easily do the same with Holloway, but Ken Holland's too busy fawning over the next garbage veteran to trade for.

In before BUt hE'S NoT REaDY.
Oh, to have a Cale Makar... Sigh...

I think you have to drastically shake things up for Game 6, regardless if Nurse is suspended or not.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Oh, to have a Cale Makar... Sigh...

I think you have to drastically shake things up for Game 6, regardless if Nurse is suspended or not.

I already see Nurse getting suspended and the Oilers simply going for a 11F 7D with Russell or Broberg.
You'd think they'd drastically shake things up and do something like calling up Holloway, but with Holland as GM, it ain't happening.

Reactions: MessierII

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
watch Woody put in Russell instead of Broberg for this Nurse suspension because "vEtEreN"

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

This is what I was saying in the GDT and PGT but people were just doubling down. apparently he was still a loser even after scoring 2 goals and pulling the team back even. One area I'll disagree with is that a lot of the GA haven't been Drais fault, or not in isolation. PLus that the Kings are double teaming McDrai a lot, particularly Drai, because he's the one big gunner star on his line. So that turnovers are going to occur. McD has the continual benefit of teams legitimately having to worry about the one touch scoring ability of Kane, and Hyman is nothing like that. Last night Drai had a guy that is typically lucky to score 20 goals and McLeod and Foegele. As per usual his assignment is to make some kind of gold out of that.

I can get down on players but I try to think twice before going after players that are the base of the franchise. Seems silly to do that. Whats worse it lands on Drai 50% of the time. People will even state "we don't go after player X (high paid) because we don't expect much from him". I never really get the rationale. Sounds like a free pass for other players.

Drai is earning his contract and then some every season. All to get the garbage comments here or in the fanbase or from the media. Even coaches have gone at him. While ironically playing him more than anybody and on every unit ever invented..;)
Drai doesn't own this fanbase anything that he hasn't delivered in spades. He's exceeded every expectation ever on what his development would be.

Some people here would be taking an Axe to Malkin. To Barkov. You just know it.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Draisaitl has been garbage this series away from Mcdavid. Put them together for game 6 and let them carry the team to a win. The Kings had no answer for them during the last 10 minutes of the game. Run the forward lines like this;

Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Yamamoto
Kane-RNH-Hyman
Foegele-Mcleod-Kassian
Archibald-Ryan-JP

Bottom 9 plays the 1-3-1 and the McDrai line has the freedom to play their game.

Reactions: destro909

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Brian Lawton ripping the coaching on Oilers Now, including baffling decisions in OT

Oilers haven't been able to adjust to LA's system yet
I always put greater results based emphasis on the players rather than the coaches, but it’s been painfully obvious the last two games that Koala has taken Woody to school on matchups, tactics and game prep. Woody needs to win this series to get a new contract. We can’t afford to have a coach that needs training wheels come playoff time. And I say that as someone who likes Woody and thinks he’s done a really good job with the team during the regular season.

I never realized the Kings fanbase has so many trolls until these playoffs
I never knew they actually had any fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00