Post-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7PM ET | FSD

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Granted, they're down 2-1 to a team they probably expected to destroy, but the TML arena is DEAD. You could hear a pin drop. TAs a Wings fan, I feel vindicated. So many threads over the years using the quiet or half-empty lower bowl as evidence that the Wings don't have a solid fanbase. Now, Toronto fans are obviously nuts for their team but the suits own the lower bowl no matter where you go.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'm officially not buying into this 'good 2C' business about Larkin anymore.

He's a 1C now, and he's going to get better and better. :yo:

Reactions: mantha39

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm officially not buying into this 'good 2C' business about Larkin anymore.

He's a 1C now, and he's going to get better and better. :yo:

He can absolutely be an anchor on the top line like Toews. Like Toews, that high end offensive production is the sticking point for some.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
He can absolutely be an anchor on the top line like Toews. Like Toews, that high end offensive production is the sticking point for some.
Except with the exception of one season, Toews never cracked 70 points. And his linemates were elite on his line and on the backend. Larkin's on pace for more than that, and that's with a rebuilding team lacking even a single elite player. As the quality of players around him improves, I'm thinking 70 is going to be his floor.

I think Bergeron is quickly becoming a better comparison than Toews.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Who is kidding, Toronto has us right where they want us.....Wings with a lead in the first.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I was just going to commend the refs for not blowing the play dead when the Leafs made contact with the puck behind the net given the impending penalty and Gus scoring is exactly why.

Seems like 95% of refs blow the play dead when theres a delayed penalty if the soon-to-be penalized team so much as looks at the puck. Why rob the sport of extra excitement and scoring chances? Call the play as its supposed to be called - wait til the other team gains control of the puck. A stick tap on the puck is not control. Keep it going. Good call.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Except with the exception of one season, Toews never cracked 70 points. And his linemates were elite on his line and on the backend. Larkin's on pace for more than that, and that's with a rebuilding team lacking even a single elite player. As the quality of players around him improves, I'm thinking 70 is going to be his floor.

toews' prime correlated with some of the lowest scoring seasons in nhl history, hitting 70 pts isnt what it was 5-8 years ago

we had a season where Jamie benn won the art ross with 87 points lol. That probably wouldnt be top 10 this season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Well, a 70 point floor sure would be nice. Toews has 697 points in 820 regular season game (0.85 ppg). And his incredible playoff numbers 110 points in 128 games (0.86).

What I'm saying is if Larkin is anywhere near that in 10 years, I think I'm going to be thrilled, even if he's not scoring like McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad