Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
Feds is the guy I've always had in my head when thinking of Athanasiou, though I don't think the mental or defensive game will ever be close to where Feds was. As you said, though, that size and skating... guy could be a force if he can just put all of his tools to use.

I always thought his upside was someone like Gaborik in his hey-day.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Sproul and XO both being ranked higher than Pulkks and Mrazek is something I don't really get right now.

Whether its fair or not, rankings usually will take draft position into account as well.

Also, Mrazek is 71 on the list.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Here's a goal and assist by Vähätalo tonight. They're in the 1st round of U20 playoffs and he leads the team with 3 points in 3 games. Goal is at 1:18 and assist at 2:50.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
In hindsight, Jared Coreau deserves some praise. I wasn't sure he was even AHL material coming into this year. Now he's taken McCollum's spot. After 20 GP, he's got a 2.15 GA and .926 sv%. Helluva bounce back year. Might he be a decent prospect after all? I suppose we've seen weirder things in terms of goalie development curves.

Jul 30, 2005
Didn't see this up, but Larkin is even higher in this ranking. It's out of all drafted prospects. It's by ISS, who are considered to be the best scouting service, I believe.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/j...n-top-10-nhl-drafted-prospects-031436409.html

8. Dylan Larkin, wing, Detroit Red Wings (University of Michigan, NCAA)

As the 15th overall pick of 2014, Larkin was Detroit’s highest selection since 1991 when the club chose Martin Lapointe 10th overall. The Waterford, MI., native has so far made the Red Wings scout staff look brilliant for selecting him. He has not only made a seamlessly smooth transition to the college ranks this season with 12 goals and 40 points in 28 games, but he was also one of the United States’ top forwards in the world junior tourney.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Didn't see this up, but Larkin is even higher in this ranking. It's out of all drafted prospects. It's by ISS, who are considered to be the best scouting service, I believe.

Off-topic I know, but is ISS considered the best? I only ask because there are a couple guys who keep falling in their rankings, but are still in the top 20 in most everyone elses.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why is Larkin often listed as a left wing. Isn't he centering in the first place?

my guess would be that one site made a mistake and other sites are copying their position info from whatever site that was

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
How trustworthy is a scouting report when they don't even know a prospect's position?

true

you'd think they would at least make the effort to make sure the positions are right for the prospects higher up on the lists like Larkin tends to be

Jul 30, 2005
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/future-watch-2015-the-nhls-top-10-rising-prospects/

6. Ryan Sproul, D, Detroit Red Wings (+27)
Last year: NR
This year: 49th

Sproul’s big rise is mildly deceiving. Yes, he’s on track to become a good pro. He has great size at 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, he’s 22, he has a big shot, and his general ascension toward NHL-readiness boosted him into the top 50 this year. A shoulder injury, however, has led to a regression in Sproul’s numbers with AHL Grand Rapids. He remains an important part of the Wings’ future, and he’s one of the many appealing prospects GM Ken Holland refused to surrender leading up to the trade deadline.

7. Teemu Pulkkinen, RW, Detroit Red Wings (+26)
Last year: NR
This year: 50th

The stocky Finn has absolutely lit up the AHL. His lethal one-timer ability has even inspired Brett Hull comparisons.

9. Xavier Ouellet, D, Detroit Red Wings (+21)
Last year: 63rd
This year: 42th

You’ve probably guessed by now that it’s a good year for Detroit prospects. Ouellet marks the third Wing among the top 10 risers, and the team has even better blue-chippers in Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha. Ouellet: a solid all-round defenseman who impresses Detroit most with his hockey sense. Was named to the AHL All-Star Game.

Edit: forgot Pookie!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: