Detroit Red Wings Prospect Tracker 14-15: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Baby Bert is having a fantastic year as well. To say the Wings are stacked is an understatement. The next crop of prospects all have size and speed as well,as skill, this next drop of prospects will make the Wings dominant for the next 10yrs.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Two goals including the OT winner for Vähätalo today in game 5 of a best-of-five U20 playoff series. Takes them to the semi-final round. Leads his team in scoring after the 1st round.

Aug 6, 2012
Two goals including the OT winner for Vähätalo today in game 5 of a best-of-five U20 playoff series. Takes them to the semi-final round. Leads his team in scoring after the 1st round.

OT series winner? That's pretty epic. Sounds like he's playing really well right now.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
OT series winner? That's pretty epic. Sounds like he's playing really well right now.
Yeah, he's been very good with the U20 team whenever down there. But he really needs to break into the pro level next season if he wishes to get a contract. I think the Wings keep his rights for 2 or 3 more years.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I asked this in the draft thread, but didn't get any responses, so maybe this is a more appropriate spot. Has anyone heard about this Kenney Morrison kid? He plays at WMU and is supposedly the most coveted college free agent. Has a booming RH shot and plays both ends well. Most believe he's going to Edmonton, but after seeing what they did to Schultz, he should probably be a little apprehensive about that. Can anyone comment on him? Do we have any shot at landing him? He does have a Michigan connection after all, and he did play with Dekeyser at one point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I asked this in the draft thread, but didn't get any responses, so maybe this is a more appropriate spot. Has anyone heard about this Kenney Morrison kid? He plays at WMU and is supposedly the most coveted college free agent. Has a booming RH shot and plays both ends well. Most believe he's going to Edmonton, but after seeing what they did to Schultz, he should probably be a little apprehensive about that. Can anyone comment on him? Do we have any shot at landing him? He does have a Michigan connection after all, and he did play with Dekeyser at one point.

Seems like a good idea, but I can't find absolutely anything that links us to him.

Little different being this kid is from Alberta, and Danny was born and raised in Detroit. So no surprise he's linked to a Western Canada team. Also Dekeyser was invited to multiple camps prior to signing here, and to my knowledge this kid never has.

So other than the WMU thing, not looking like much. And if Dekeyser wasn't Michigan native have my doubts that would have played out the same.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
Seems like a good idea, but I can't find absolutely anything that links us to him.

Little different being this kid is from Alberta, and Danny was born and raised in Detroit. So no surprise he's linked to a Western Canada team. Also Dekeyser was invited to multiple camps prior to signing here, and to my knowledge this kid never has.

So other than the WMU thing, not looking like much. And if Dekeyser wasn't Michigan native have my doubts that would have played out the same.

Fair enough. I haven't seen him linked anywhere other than Edmonton. Given how they've basically ruined Schultz under basically the exact same circumstances, I figure if the kid has any sense whatsoever, that should make him consider other options. Also, did Dekeyser ever come to any of our camps? I thought that was a point of concern prior to signing him.

Anyways, it'd be awesome if we landed him, but like you said, it's probably unlikely.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fair enough. I haven't seen him linked anywhere other than Edmonton. Given how they've basically ruined Schultz under basically the exact same circumstances, I figure if the kid has any sense whatsoever, that should make him consider other options. Also, did Dekeyser ever come to any of our camps? I thought that was a point of concern prior to signing him.

Anyways, it'd be awesome if we landed him, but like you said, it's probably unlikely.

I was trying to go from memory, and I should clarify... He was invited to multiple camps, only attended 1 prior to signing.

I would love to add the kid, I just think the odds of doing so without having "the Michigan card" to play are bleak.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I was trying to go from memory, and I should clarify... He was invited to multiple camps, only attended 1 prior to signing.

I would love to add the kid, I just think the odds of doing so without having "the Michigan card" to play are bleak.

Good call. However, I think we can both agree this is a guy Kenny should be aggressively pursuing. If we can land a good defenseman at the draft, I won't mind so much though.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Good call. However, I think we can both agree this is a guy Kenny should be aggressively pursuing. If we can land a good defenseman at the draft, I won't mind so much though.

No risk signing, high upside, fits our needs to a T.

I absolutely would support that.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Well maybe McKee can put a word in.

Kick his ass if need be.:sarcasm:

With the way the Wings have their defense set up, he'd be better going elsewhere to develop IMO.

Yea he should see how much of a log jam there is for D here. Would make sense to go elsewhere.

Hopefully we can move one of our guys to create more room for someone. Maybe Smith.

Kronner, FA
Q, DK
Big E, Marchenko

Still have no room for Ouellet or Jensen.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

For now, Mike Reilly is easily the biggest name if he forgoes signing with Columbus and it looks like he is leaning that direction. I basically count him as a free agent at this point as his commitment to CBJ looks to be close to zero. So while yes they could make a late push and can offer the ability to burn a year, it seems he is heading toward free agency and to be honest he is probably the best NCAA free agent since Blake Wheeler.

Reilly is an extremely gifted player that actually is about on par with where DeKeyser was defensively and Schultz was offensively. Teams will kill each other to be the one that gets him if he walks out on Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->