Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Michael Rasmussen

2016-2017: 50 games, 32 goals, 55 points, 1.1 PPG
2017-2018: 52 games, 37 goals, 74 points, 1.4 PPG
It shows improvement, but parts of both seasons we know he was playing with a bad wrist. Exciting to see him at 100%.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Holy **** Ras.

I'm loving it. He's gonna make the team next year, this is getting ridiculous.

Gotta admit, I didn't like the pick, now I am eating my words. Keep it up kid.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Shocker. Internet bandwagonning gets another pick wrong?

Im excited the way he is playing but let's not jump the gun here. He has to develop into a really good NHL player and to disprove people here he will have to outperform Vilardi, Necas etc in the NHL.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
looks like he is very good with redirecting the puck , now we need to get someone who like to feed him with it

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Im excited the way he is playing but let's not jump the gun here. He has to develop into a really good NHL player and to disprove people here he will have to outperform Vilardi, Necas etc in the NHL.
I wish that guy who did the Boqvist vs Hughes and Svechnikov vs Zadina vids would do Rasmussen vs Vilardi. Let's be honest it's closer than many want to admit. I wanted Vilardi too, he has fantastic hands. I'm thinking Rasmussen takes the skating category easily.

It is going to be hilarious when and if Rasmussen is a Calder candidate next year. He's going to have a great opportunity on a terrible team afterall.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not sure I’ve ever seen a prospect up their production so much from the reg season to the playoffs. Has he been hanging out with Franzen?

If nothing else, should give him a lot of confidence going into camp next year.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Not sure I’ve ever seen a prospect up their production so much from the reg season to the playoffs. Has he been hanging out with Franzen?

Yeah crazy. Axel Holmstrom did something similar when he was in the SHL He literally broke the SHL record for playoff points by a junior player (was previously held by Daniel and Henrik Sedin). Holmstrom had 20 points in 44 regular season games, and then scored 18 points in 15 playoff games.

Reactions: Frk It

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I wish that guy who did the Boqvist vs Hughes and Svechnikov vs Zadina vids would do Rasmussen vs Vilardi. Let's be honest it's closer than many want to admit. I wanted Vilardi too, he has fantastic hands. I'm thinking Rasmussen takes the skating category easily.

It is going to be hilarious when and if Rasmussen is a Calder candidate next year. He's going to have a great opportunity on a terrible team afterall.

I did not like the Rasmussen pick at all when it was announced. I would love to be proven wrong because it is great for the Wings. I want the Wings to do well a lot more than the need to be right about my opinions on hockey moves.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008

KH quotes from December 30th on point:

“He could have waited till the end of the season, but he was tired of playing in pain,” Holland said Saturday. “We decided on surgery now because on the short end, he’ll be back some time in late Janurary; on the long end, sometime in February."

“He’s hoping to get back and find his game and help his team go on a long playoff run. Having the surgery now allows him to do that, and to go into the offseason healthy and ready for a good summer in the gym.”

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Am I the only one slightly disappointed? I watch all the Rasmussen highlights as they come in, and I don't think I've seen him score a goal I thought was exciting. His passing is improving, so I'll give him that (although I wish it were a bigger part of his game). Still, this has got to be one of the least exciting 3 ppg runs of all time.

Tip-in goals really just leave me cold. I only watch hockey for entertainment, and I want to see high-speed, high-skill offensive hockey, not "I'm standing here screening and... aha! you didn't tie up my stick! we score!" So many of Rasmussen's goals involve him barely moving. On fuzzy WHL feeds, sometimes you only know Rasmussen scored because he celebrates. There are no other discernable clues that a play is even happening.

I mean, I appreciate that he's very skilled and doing well. But I wish this wasn't such a big part of the game today, because it's arguably the least entertaining part. Although I guess there's shotblocking. But we drafted defensemen who do that with the picks after Rasmussen, so I guess the Wings organization has covered their bases.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad