Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect Thread 2017-18 I

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd agree, except Lindstrom wasn't brutal, okay year and Frolunda made the move for him next season. So not awful, but less than stellar on the whole.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
It was a very underwhelming draft indeed.

But if I were to bet money on it I'd say that Rasmussen and Lindström will at the very least make for very serviceable nhl players. People are sleeping abit on Lindatröm, i haven't done the exact math but Lindström almost increased his PPG by a 100%. Only 1 defenseman had more points on his team and he had 19pts in 52 games, and lindström is great defensively.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It was a pretty Brutal year for every single one of our 2017 Draft outside of Rasmussen. Zablocki and Gallant's point totals drops were depressing. Doubt anyone outside of Rasmussen is ever a meaningful NHL player.
There's hope for Lindstrom, he had an okay year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It was a very underwhelming draft indeed.

But if I were to bet money on it I'd say that Rasmussen and Lindström will at the very least make for very serviceable nhl players. People are sleeping abit on Lindatröm, i haven't done the exact math but Lindström almost increased his PPG by a 100%. Only 1 defenseman had more points on his team and he had 19pts in 52 games, and lindström is great defensively.

worth noting that he was still only in the second tier league in Sweden though

we'll see how he does next year when he's in the top Swedish league I guess

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
worth noting that he was still only in the second tier league in Sweden though

we'll see how he does next year when he's in the top Swedish league I guess
It’s not a massive difference to the SHL and not very easy for young D to score in. Erik Karlsson had only 1 point in 7 Allsvenskan games in his d+1. Lilegren 1 point in 5 games his draft year, Boqvist 2 point in 7 games.
Lindstrom had only 3 points less than OEL had the year he got drafted #6. So for a 2nd round pick where a bit longer development time is expected, I’d say he had a good year for sure.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
It’s not a massive difference to the SHL and not very easy for young D to score in. Erik Karlsson had only 1 point in 7 Allsvenskan games in his d+1. Lilegren 1 point in 5 games his draft year, Boqvist 2 point in 7 games.
Lindstrom had only 3 points less than OEL had the year he got drafted #6. So for a 2nd round pick where a bit longer development time is expected, I’d say he had a good year for sure.

Yep, and he's no offensive d-man either. The scoring is pretty damn low in Allsvenskan, only a few players at PPG.

U20 defensemen rarely get proper ice time in SHL either, only if they're exceptional, see Brännström and Dahlin this year. Him being in Allsvenskan should not be seen as a negative.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Unfortunately for Fulcher, the other goalie wanted to have a good night.

Admirable playoff run for Fulcher, sadly I don't expect to hear much from him in the future.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Wings players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dominic Turgeon
Joe Hicketts

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Can you guys give me some insight into a couple of Wings players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Dominic Turgeon
Joe Hicketts
Turgeon: heavier defensively responsible center. Probably a 3/4C long-term.

Hicketts: a smaller, very hard-working D. He's strong for his size. Has some offensive capability, but isn't a dynamo. I'd say he's probably a 3rd pairing D long term with the capacity to PP/PK, but it'd be preferable to have someone else take those duties.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Dominic Turgeon
Joe Hicketts
Both will be nhlrs. turgeon good at pk, 3or 4 line. Hicketts bring a lot of energy , wings were winning with him, he likes to hit , skates fest but only 5'8"

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Both will be nhlrs. turgeon good at pk, 3or 4 line. Hicketts bring a lot of energy , wings were winning with him, he likes to hit , skates fest but only 5'8"

They will both be NHLers. Not regulars, but they will play some NHL games.

Turgeon will be a tweener, Hicketts will become a #7, or a top AHL or KHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->