GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Not even Scotty Bowman could fix this team. And for drafting top 5, I don't think there are any projected superstars? Seems like a crappy year to draft top 5 or 10

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Drouin making half our team look like chickens with their heads cut off in their own zone, its just comical at this point

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not even Scotty Bowman could fix this team. And for drafting top 5, I don't think there are any projected superstars? Seems like a crappy year to draft top 5 or 10

Well we'll be doing the same thing next year, too. So there's that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We have no heart. Just skating through an embarrassment. And we're up against the cap. Wouldn't care if we lose like this if we were playing the kids and weren't in cap hell.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I guess that's the con to being unintentionally bad as opposed to tanking, you could end up bad in a draft class that isn't great. As opposed to sucking for a specific player or two.

Oh well. Even some of the stinkier draft classes of late had some solid guys in the top 5. I'd even love to get a guy like Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Lindholm, Rielly, etc.

Not sure if they will become stars, but Hischier, Liljegren, and Mittelstadt all play a style that I think is entertaining and would be fun to watch.

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Win 6-4 in 1 game. Then get shutout in the next. Yup seems about right for this team. Such an erratic bipolar mess of a team.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
It's bad when the guy called up for his first NHL game is your best looking d-man on the night

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Win 6-4 in 1 game. Then get shutout in the next. Yup seems about right for this team. Such an erratic bipolar mess of a team.

Inconsistency is the hallmark of a team lacking talent. These guys are NHL players (well, most of them), and if the breaks fall their way, they can win games. But to do that consistently, even when the breaks don't fall your way? You need to be clearly better than your opponent.

As Wings fans, we had years and years of our team being the most talented in 90% of their match ups. Now we're getting a dose of how it felt when the red sweaters came into town.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Down 4 in the 3rd and Glendening is on the top line with Zetterberg and Mantha, replacing Tomas Tatar who had a hat trick last game

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ran 6 miles at the gym after doing ab work before coming home to watch the game. Watching the game has been much harder to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest