GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
:wings VS :bolts

RED WINGS (14-14-4) at LIGHTNING (15-14-3)

7:30 p.m. ET; SUN, FS-D, TVA Sports, NHL.TV

From NHL.com:

Red Wings projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Henrik Zetterberg -- Anthony Mantha

Gustav Nyquist -- Frans Nielsen -- Thomas Vanek

Riley Sheahan -- Dylan Larkin -- Luke Glendening

Tomas Jurco -- Andreas Athanasiou -- Steve Ott

Danny DeKeyser -- Ryan Sproul

Nicklas Kronwall -- Xavier Ouellet

Jonathan Ericsson -- Nick Jensen

Jimmy Howard

Petr Mrazek

Scratched: Tomas Jurco, Brian Lashoff

Injured: Brendan Smith (knee), Justin Abdelkader (knee), Darren Helm (shoulder), Alexey Marchenko (shoulder), Tyler Bertuzzi (ankle), Mike Green (undisclosed)

Lightning projected lineup

Brian Boyle -- Tyler Johnson -- Jonathan Drouin

Alex Killorn -- Valtteri Filppula -- Vladislav Namestnikov

Cory Conacher -- Cedric Paquette -- Erik Condra

J.T. Brown -- Tanner Richard -- Brayden Point

Victor Hedman -- Andrej Sustr

Jason Garrison -- Anton Stralman

Slater Koekkoek -- Braydon Coburn

Ben Bishop

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Scratched: Nikita Nesterov

Injured: Ryan Callahan (lower body), Steven Stamkos (knee injury), Nikita Kucherov (lower body), Ondrej Palat (undisclosed)

Jensen makes his NHL debut tonight folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
PLAYER TO WATCH
jensen.jpg

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Larkin may be playing with Sheahan (puke) and Glendening (puke), but at least he's playing center

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Good to see what Jensen can do. He's such an amazing skater from what I recall. D Boss's line is trash. But he deserves it.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'll be at the game...we'll see how it goes. I'll enjoy the game whether we win or lose but let's hope we get the win.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm in for the youth movement. I don't expect it to be smooth, but I'd rather we get some of these guys time now and see if we have any surprises.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Good to see what Jensen can do. He's such an amazing skater from what I recall. D Boss's line is trash. But he deserves it.

I think it was 2 pre-seasons ago Jensen just killed it with speed and mobility, many (including myself) were excited clamoring for the kid to be up. Since then I'm not sure what has held him back. Size? I know the Griffins posters here have flat out said he isn't an NHL player. I guess he is for at least a night, hope he does well.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Atleast the Lightning are missing their top 2 guns in Kuch and Stammer...gives us a chance :D

Yeah maybe. But they also have Drouin back and their guy Brayden Point is playing awesome. I watched the Sat. game vs EDM, was impressive on the 2nd night of a b2b. Held themselves in the game then switched momentum for large parts of the 2nd and 3rd. As someone said Tampa is underachieving thus far I expect a hard fought game.

I'm wondering what do you guys think was the difference in the Anaheim win? Was it the Ducks having an off game? Mickey said the Wings looked angry. I'm the one who always believes the effort has been there, but this game possibly proved me wrong. The effort, determination, was unreal. Larkin's lucky goal charging the net was a perfect example. They were refusing to lose battles it was a gritty performance.

It's going to take this level of compete and desperation to grind out wins on a more regular basis. It doesn't seem possible to maintain such high intensity but we've seen what's possible. Hope they can keep it up.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I cant wrap my head around why Glendening continues to play on a scoring line when we can not score goals. I think anyone besides Ott would be more productive in that spot, Larkin is being held down by two massive anchors. What a waste of talent.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
LInes aren't bad. Finally Vanek with Nielsen. D is AHL bad but at least Jensen finally gets to play.

And now they score.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
terrible pass by kronwall to Jensen there, who was already covered by tampa player

led to goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino