GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators - 2PM - TSN5/RDS - God Eftermiddag Vingar!

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I have no idea why he ducked like he was scared of the puck; it was such a weird move he made. I'll gladly take it, but I don't know what he was thinking.

Incoming 42-game suspension, imo

I think his reaction was to get his glove up quickly, so moving his head down was a way to help his glove move faster (or something like that).

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I don't know who is trolling you; it's between you and whoever you're talking about. Also, why do you have to say sensitive crowd? I just gave you my opinion that you should pick better spots; that's all I said. You're a moderator and the boss around here, so do whatever you'd like.

If you're going to tell me you don't see how posting "Fire Alfie" (also your only post during the game) after we blow a 4 goal lead is trolling, then ok, my bad, I need to work on my sense of humor because I found it to be more trolling than hilarious.

I also only speak for myself, and I have no problem with you or anyone on here. I don't find you to be a bad moderator, a bad poster, or a bad person.

ditto

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Sure. I get it. Very sensitive crowd.

What about dude trolling me now? Should I take that as his sense of humour or should I take the low road?
You're a mod with the power to ban people. You should be taking the higher road. If you can't do that, why be a mod?

Reactions: Alex1234

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sarcasm only works when people can tell you're being sarcastic. I doubt I'm the only one who wonders.
I think one of the main problems is that a lot of people, myself included, have an inbox full of messages from troll stomper, so when a moderator posts stuff people feel is trolling or on the trolly side, it makes people confused, angry, or whatever. I once got a trolling infraction for saying Pierre Dorion is a bad GM in the Pierre Dorion thread. I wasn't trolling he was an awful GM

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We ended up being opportunistic which is exactly what you explained something we have succumbed to a lot recently.

A large enough descreptancy in scoring chances generally means the team with more "carried play" which is what I believe was being discussed.

We won so something went right. But we didn't carry play, Korpisalo kept us in it big time; when you add the eye test, I'd say it is fair to characterize this win as lucky.
The xGF numbers suggest Korpisalo didn't keep us in the game though, they scored slightly more than expected, as did we.

Over the whole game, even just looking at scoring chances, it actually wasn't that large discrepancy, 28-36 SCF, 15-11 HDCF, and 3.81-3.56 xGF.

Quality over quantity I guess.

What I didn't like is how easily we gave up the zone, and how poorly we broke out when we got control, it was a very frustrating game to watch imo because while Det did a good job on the forecheck, I didn't think the created much, it was mostly us conceeding the ice to them.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
The xGF numbers suggest Korpisalo didn't keep us in the game though, they scored slightly more than expected, as did we.

Over the whole game, even just looking at scoring chances, it actually wasn't that large discrepancy, 28-36 SCF, 15-11 HDCF, and 3.81-3.56 xGF.

Quality over quantity I guess.

What I didn't like is how easily we gave up the zone, and how poorly we broke out when we got control, it was a very frustrating game to watch imo because while Det did a good job on the forecheck, I didn't think the created much, it was mostly us conceeding the ice to them.

But wouldn't more shots on the net result in more fluky goals?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Yo, he is not being unreasonable; he and I were having a civil discussion, and now you're baiting him. We all need to calm down and hug each other.
Ya that's fair if you say it was civil. Not trying to bait - Just hard to read it as civil sometimes and it always rubs me the wrong way when it's a mod on one end of that kind of exchange.

Anywho, if there's anything we can all agree on its how good back to back wins feel!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad