GDT: Detroit Red Wings at Ottawa Senators - 2PM - TSN5/RDS - God Eftermiddag Vingar!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I did see him get pinned a bit in our zone. I am not sure if that was not making quick decisions or making decisions too quick, where he's giving up the puck on bad rims around the boards. I feel like Chychrun caused a few bad plays in our zone and it really tripped up JBD today. I feel like when JBD holds onto the puck longer, he does better things with it. I am not of the belief that he should be making faster decisions, rather I believe he should work on possession and holding on to the puck. He showed the capability to be a puck mover in his junior career. He can still be that. He just has to make better decisions, not faster ones. He's plenty good when he holds onto the puck.
Yep. I'm starting to like JBD. It's pretty clear that he's the type of player who need to rely on his smarts to play a safe smart, positional game. The problem with that is there's a adjustment period to get up to NHL speed mentally. Other players, like Sanderson, can rely on their speed or their strength as a little bit crutch while they adjust to NHL speeds. JBD can't do that, so it's harder for him to make that jump to the NHL. It's clear he's starting to get the hang of it, and I love that DJ is giving him lots of minutes. It's clear the potential is there to be a solid safe bottom pair defenseman. He just needs some seasoning to adjust to NHL speeds.

Reactions: Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It will take JBD a little more time, but I think he's getting it. He's not at Branny's level, but he can serve as a bottom pairing D.

I do think he can be a serviceable bottom paring D, I just think his game on the puck is always going to be limited. He’s more in the mood of a Hamonic than a Zub with the puck. I like his game off the puck.

Reactions: Micklebot

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
You constantly flip sides to attack the team. In the Vancouver GDT, you were focusing on high danger chances against when we badly outshot the Canucks:
View attachment 769193

View attachment 769192

Today was the polar opposite of the Vancouver game. We got the win, had more high danger scoring chances despite being outshot, and you're in here focusing on moral losses.
Preach.

You've taken entirely too much shit tonight for no good reason.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Nice to see the offence being spread around;

18 with 3 points
7, 9, 19, 85, 91, all with 2 points each
21, 28, with 1 point each.

Reactions: swiftwin

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I wasn’t here. But, why am I not allowed sarcastic posts? What is this higher moral standard I need to abide by, young @2CHAINZ ?
When Detroit scored 4 unanswered goals to tie the game you posted "fire alfie" like cmon man you're a mod. Why not post sarcastic stuff when we are up 4 - 0? Because you want to bait people with you're trolling when emotions are high and people are angry. Look man do whatever you want but in my opinion you should pick better spots to post sarcastic trolly stuff, also you're a mod and should be held to a higher standard but that's just my opinion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And they also say we got more High danger chances, and more expected goals.
We ended up being opportunistic which is exactly what you explained something we have succumbed to a lot recently.

A large enough descreptancy in scoring chances generally means the team with more "carried play" which is what I believe was being discussed.

We won so something went right. But we didn't carry play, Korpisalo kept us in it big time; when you add the eye test, I'd say it is fair to characterize this win as lucky.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
DJ should still be fired

When Detroit scored 4 unanswered goals to tie the game you posted "fire alfie" like cmon man you're a mod. Why not post sarcastic stuff when we are up 4 - 0? Because you want to bait people with you're trolling when emotions are high and people are angry. Look man do whatever you want but in my opinion you should pick better spots to post sarcastic trolly stuff, also you're a mod and should be held to a higher standard but that's just my opinion.
Why are you always attacking the best mod on Hfboards? You guys want to chase away strong talent

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Hmmm, I was not happy to see them give up 4, so why not inject some humour? i think you just may not get my sense of humour and your bias triggers the angry retort emotion.

Just my two cents

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It was a weird game, they controlled a lot of the play, but we generated the more dangerous chances, imo.

Lots to clean up, but I don't think Detroit should look at that game as a success that just got away from them either, neither team really played all that well,
Yes, neither team are going to be elated with how they played. Lots of defensive breakdowns for both teams.

But, back to the subject of my post, there was a lot more to this game and its outcome than which team got more bounces.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Hmmm, I was not happy to see them give up 4, so why not inject some humour? i think you just may not get my sense of humour and your bias triggers the angry retort emotion.

Just my two cents
Sure, but judging by the amount of likes my response gets it seems many other members feel you should pick better spots as well.

Obviously I know you're joking when you say "fire alfie" I am just saying you should pick better spots and not do sarcastic trolling when emotions are high. We are all fans of this team and want success and after all the years and bullshit we have had to endure I just feel like a mod shouldn't make trolly posts when fans are at peak anger.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Just my two cents
Are seriously talking about not getting sense of humour?
Didn't you get all offended couple of weeks ago lol

Oh another sarcastic post of yours I supposed

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Sure, but judging by the amount of likes my response gets it seems many other members feel you should pick better spots as well.

Obviously I know you're joking when you say "fire alfie" I am just saying you should pick better spots and not do sarcastic trolling when emotions are high. We are all fans of this team and want success and after all the years and bullshit we have had to endure I just feel like a mod shouldn't make trolly posts when fans are at peak anger.

Sure. I get it. Very sensitive crowd.

What about dude trolling me now? Should I take that as his sense of humour or should I take the low road?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, I have a lot of criticisms of how we played, but I also don't like how Det played despite the Score chance numbers. I though both teams earned a healthy dose of criticism.
I don’t think we face two particularly good teams in det and Calgary

Both def have issues. Another poor team coming up in Minny …we need two points

Sens have the be better or else they are toast

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sure. I get it. Very sensitive crowd.

What about dude trolling me now? Should I take that as his sense of humour or should I take the low road?
I don't know who is trolling you; it's between you and whoever you're talking about. Also, why do you have to say sensitive crowd? I just gave you my opinion that you should pick better spots; that's all I said. You're a moderator and the boss around here, so do whatever you'd like.

If you're going to tell me you don't see how posting "Fire Alfie" (also your only post during the game) after we blow a 4 goal lead is trolling, then ok, my bad, I need to work on my sense of humor because I found it to be more trolling than hilarious.

I also only speak for myself, and I have no problem with you or anyone on here. I don't find you to be a bad moderator, a bad poster, or a bad person.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad