GDT: Detroit @ Ottawa | 11/15/2018 | 7:30PM eastern standard time

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Ottawa has suffered enough. I don’t understand how these rosters score so much more than the Wings

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Rasmussen with Larkin finally.

That was an overlap on the change. He was the first guy out replacing Helm.... Though I would entertain that swap permanently. :laugh:

Not sure he has that much pace yet. I would challenge him with that this summer, come back a little better skater and we can play you with your landlord.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
That was an overlap on the change. He was the first guy out replacing Helm.... Though I would entertain that swap permanently. :laugh:

Not sure he has that much pace yet. I would challenge him with that this summer, come back a little better skater and we can play you with your landlord.
I realized that afterwards. It is unfortunate that he doesn't get a chance at some point.
I am watching on my phone because this snowstorm has knocked out my internet.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016

To me it’s not the skating at all that is holding Ras back, it’s the speed of the NHL and the “hockey IQ”. He is hesitant which makes him a step behind the play, and it’s not surprising. The jump from junior hockey to the NHL has to be extreme, his biggest deficiencies are correctable.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
f*** man Rasmussen moved up to line 1 did a couple good things and Mantha blows it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
To me it’s not the skating at all that is holding Ras back, it’s the speed of the NHL and the “hockey IQ”. He is hesitant which makes him a step behind the play, and it’s not surprising. The jump from junior hockey to the NHL has to be extreme, his biggest deficiencies are correctable.

I am a huge fan. Yes a part of that is commitment. But for him to move to Larkin's current line he needs to be an F1. He needs to be the first in on the forecheck. Interestingly the guy he models his game after in Anders Lee did these things and became a massive force in the league. That is what I am saying, I think the other thing is given Larkin's assignments asking a 19 year old rookie to check the players he is deployed against is a lot. He is a smart 200 foot player but he is developing. He is gaining confidence and progressing we don't need to rush it with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad