Speculation: Detroit mini fire sale

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What's the plan with the RFA's and only Green coming off the books?
Well we've about $18.1 million with 14 players signed? If the cap say increases to $78 million plus Franzen's $4 million off on LTIR we should've around $25 million to resign our RFAs this summer. We assume Larkin gets a 7 or 8 year deal probably in the neighborhood of $6.5-$7 million per Mantha a 2 year bridge deal around $4.5 million more or less AA probably around $2.5 million for 2 years. Bertuzzi and Frk wont get much plus probably add one of Rasmussen, Cholowski or Hronek we should be fine. Wings GM Ken Holland did mention possibly adding as many a 2-5 new players on the team this year.

Reactions: NickH8

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Detroit is in worse shape than I thought
It's not too bad. We've got building block number 1 with Larkin and possibly building block number 2 with Mantha. We've got some decent d-prospects as well. The bad contracts will all be up by the time we're competitive and we they don't prevent us from re-signing Larkin and Mantha.
Take any team at the beginning of their rebuild and you can say they're in bad shape.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
What's the plan with the RFA's and only Green coming off the books?
Larkin: $6.5million
Mantha: $4.5million bridge
Athanasiou: $3million bridge or trade
Bertuzzi: $1.5million bridge
Frk: $1.25million bridge

All fits under the cap, especially if it goes up to $80mil as rumored.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is there any contract the Wings are looking to move and could they convince any of their NTC/NMC's to move anywhere?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Is there any contract the Wings are looking to move and could they convince any of their NTC/NMC's to move anywhere?
If i were to venture a guess, I'd say that Detroit would probably be looking to move Nyquist and perhaps AA for the right price. Would love to deal Helm though i think he would be tough to move without retention. Maybe try and move Glendening. Holland really likes Dom Turgeon. Probably try and deal Ouellet and or perhaps Nick Jensen as well.

Reactions: Chainshot

razor ray

May 8, 2011
I would think Howard is in play at well. Maybe if a contender has a goalie go down he becomes valuable with some retention.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Why does everyone want to trade AA now? I’d want the Hartman return at minimum to move him

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Do you mean the Wings add their second rounder to get rid of Nielsen’s contract? Dude has no value, would clear waivers with that contract.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Lol why are Wings fans trying to give away AA for a 2nd round pick? If that's all you can get you keep him and hope he increases his value as he matures and refines his game. They just traded a far less talented player in Tomas Tatar who makes 4X as much for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. There is absolutely no chance they would settle for a 2nd round pick for AA right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad