Speculation: Detroit mini fire sale

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Am looking to move both Nielsen and AA for 2018 2nds. Takers????
Nielsen is one of my favorite players.
I doubt he'd waive to return to LI and it is probably for the best. Too much term on his contract.

Doesn't he have a NTC?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nielsen as of now has a NMC then it becomes a Mod-NTC where he will have a 10 team no trade list.

He is also owed less real money for a team that is a budget team. I don't think Nielsen's contract is as big of a problem as people make it out to be. He also still skates well, he makes too much money, but I think he could basically be a Matt Cullen type after this contract if he wants to be. He is a smart hockey player with good speed that is aging well and perhaps the greatest shootout player in league history. He has value, at least in front offices you can imagine he still has value.

I would love to trade AA for one of the Flames D-man prospects. They have a bunch of good ones, they would be an ideal team for us to talk to.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He is also owed less real money for a team that is a budget team. I don't think Nielsen's contract is as big of a problem as people make it out to be. He also still skates well, he makes too much money, but I think he could basically be a Matt Cullen type after this contract if he wants to be. He is a smart hockey player with good speed that is aging well and perhaps the greatest shootout player in league history. He has value, at least in front offices you can imagine he still has value.

I would love to trade AA for one of the Flames D-man prospects. They have a bunch of good ones, they would be an ideal team for us to talk to.
Exactly have to take the real money into count here, I've always been a fan of Nielsen he gets a bum rap here from time to time. He's great at shoot outs and his speed is still there. I totally agree i don't see Frans contract being a problem at all not like other Wing fans any ways. I mean he was pretty much playing with Helmer and Glenny for most of the season. Give him a few good weapons and he's still a very very good hockey player.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Yeah Holland has done several bad signings here, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Helm, DeKeyser. Too much AAV or Term on those deals or both. But i've a feeling that Detroit has some real young talent coming up here shortly.
What's the plan with the RFA's and only Green coming off the books?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad