Friedman: Detroit looking to move Tomas Jurco

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Wouldn't mind seeing Tampa try him out if the price is right. Could do something to help out with having some warm bodies in the lineup.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
theres a good chance jurco would clear waivers. asking/expecting a third round pick for him is nuts. you might be able to get a similar disappointing prospect in return, but with how late it is in the season and with the deadline approaching, i dont see many teams wanting to add contracts without sending another one in return.

maybe the devils. they looooooovvvvve forward busts.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think he could be had for a 3rd rounder, guy is talented as anything but needs a fresh start.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Nill needs to hold off on continually loading up on forwards for a while

Not really, Sharp, Hudler, Eaves, Korpikoski, Cracknell and Hemsky are all UFA'S this year. Who knows if Nichushkin is coming back. Vegas will probably take one of Roussel or Eakin ( fingers crossed). Who knows how Janmark will be after his recovery.

So ya, Dallas does need forwards for next year, and im guessing Jurco is a guy Nill drafted, so he could actually have interest

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
A late 3rd is literally a nothing return for an NHL caliber forward with a cap hit so low. Any contender that thinks this kid could contribute even a little down the stretch/in the playoffs should be willing to pay that price without a moments hesitation. If his play has in fact fallen off and/or he has lost confidence to the point that he will need a while (and ample PT) to recover then a non contending team should be willing to throw a 4th rounder at them depending on what his expected arbitration salary is going to be next year.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He is a skill forward who has been utilized as a grinder and has lost all confidence on the wings. I still believe he can be an effective top 6 player if he is given the ability to actually play a skill game instead of the stupid physical Abdelkader-type game Detroit's coaches have tried to force into him. Detroit has ruined this kid; he could definitely thrive elsewhere.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
He is a skill forward who has been utilized as a grinder and has lost all confidence on the wings. I still believe he can be an effective top 6 player if he is given the ability to actually play a skill game instead of the stupid physical Abdelkader-type game Detroit's coaches have tried to force into him. Detroit has ruined this kid; he could definitely thrive elsewhere.

Even if he never achieves Top 6 status (on a VG team), he can be a productive 3rd liner. Think several GMs think similarly. Hoping Stan Bowman is one of them. Playing with Hossa could work out rather well.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Would Detroit do a 4th from Vancouver? Wouldn't mind auditioning him on Horvats wing just to try it and it seems like the type of gamble Benning would make. For a 4th, if it doesn't pan out then no real loss.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Sounds like how we defended Yakupov for the longest time.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I think that is fair and I would do this deal. I know most Wings fans are after picks but I would take this deal.

I think its fair, too, but I'd rather take the chance with a pick. Like Jurco, McNeil would need to pass through waivers. Unless Detroit intends moving more bodies out, I just feel McNeill would be in the same boat that Jurco currently is in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad