Friedman: Detroit looking to move Tomas Jurco

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Honestly think Jurco could do fairly well if given a decent opportunity. Has nothing left to prove at the AHL level. And his (warning small sample size) shot metrics in the NHL have been solid. Just give him some consistent minutes to see what he is. Can't be worse than Glendening?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Honestly think Jurco could do fairly well if given a decent opportunity. Has nothing left to prove at the AHL level. And his (warning small sample size) shot metrics in the NHL have been solid. Just give him some consistent minutes to see what he is. Can't be worse than Glendening?

Different roles.

Jurco is a scorer. Glendening is a solid 4th liner.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
We have different definitions of solid then.

I don't see why they can't use Jurco (at the very least) in a Brandon Pirri type utilization.

Maybe, but the coach any the system won't allow that.

Two-way, or you don't play.

Jurco is a top 9 player that needs to play in the top 9. He needed to be developed there but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with regards to Detroit forwards.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Maybe Pens?

Sheary-Crosby-Jurco
Guenztel-Malkin-Hornqvist
HBK

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guenztel-Malkin-Jurco
HBK

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Guentel-Bonino-Jurco

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd like to see what he can do next to Toews and Hossa/Panik. If the answer is not much, nothing lost other than taking chances.

a 4th and prospect enough?

Lukas10

Jan 21, 2017
I think Florida should take a shot at him. They have several injuries right now. He could get top 6 mins atleast for the time being.

I could also see Ottawa taking a shot at him w the news of McCarthy being done for the season.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I firmly believe Jurco could be a good NHL player in a different environment. Babs & Blash to a lesser extent have tried to turn him into a big body grinder, which he absolutely is not. He needs to go someplace that will encourage his skill game. Ideally the Wings get a 3rd or maybe 4th for him. He just doesn't fit into the Wings plans anymore.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Pens or Oilers could be good landing spot for him
why the hell would the Oilers want a winger that cant produce? Kassian is a way better option than him on the 4th line. Not beating out Draisaitl, or Eberle in the top 6 so that leaves the third line RW spot which I'm pretty sure they have either Puljujarvi or an established veteran at the trade deadline.
He's waiver fodder that falls somewhere in between Noesen(younger higher draft pedigree) and Lander(better AHL player and damn good face off guy in the NHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad