Friedman: Detroit looking to move Tomas Jurco

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I still believe he can be a solid every day NHLer. His value is at the lowest possible, but whoever acquires him will be making out like bandits.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
LA is hurting for forwards, I'd love for them to take a chance on him if the price is reasonable

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Sounds like how he views Nylander.

The closest player I can think of from Leafs is JVR.
He is a decent size forward with good hands. He won't be going around hitting people. I actually think he will do well on another team that can utilize his strength.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There was a thread a while back about players who were ruined by coaches, Jurco's name popped up quite a bit.

Don't try to put square blocks into circle holes.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
As a Wings fan I think Jurco is worth a shot for any team who can afford to give him a reasonable chance.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
There was a thread a while back about players who were ruined by coaches, Jurco's name popped up quite a bit.

Don't try to put square blocks into circle holes.

Yep. Babcock and Blashill tried to make Jurco into another Abdelkader just because he has size. His game was never about hitting people and going to corner and win puck battles.

Just like how Babcock wanted to translate every young D prospects into a defensive defense man even if their strength suited more towards offensive puck moving D.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I believe Bob Stauffer was talking about Tomas Jurco a few weeks ago as a guy the Oilers were scouting for something..

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I want to add that I also think any team in the league should take a shot on this guy. He could do nicely and it's super low risk, he's an NHLer.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd love him on the Kings but he would also complicate the expansion draft...though I guess if he's good enough to throw a wrench into things that's a good problem depending on the price tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad