Eklund Rumor: Detroit interested in Ristolainen for Mantha

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Because his rumors are absolute bull**** and therefore instead of shutting them all down because people keep putting them out... they are tagged so anyone with a brain can ignore them

Hey, he hits more than Garrioch and a few other 'insiders' and they're not stuck with their own disclaimer... His output is just unmatched as he reports literally everything that comes across his desk.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Maybe a risto+ Pilut or something else rather substantial for Mantha? I doubt BUF wants to move pilut, especially with the left side being a little rough(the right side is loaded)

Buffalo would have Eichel, Skinner, Mantha and Olofsson all with 30+G potential and fantastic releases
don't forget reinhart !

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'm to the point where if they don't step up, I'm done.
Really? I absolutely love the athletic. They consistently have some of sports content on the web IMO.

One thing to try, if you aren’t doing this already - follow every NHL (and NFL) team.

At first I was just following my hometown teams and the NHL + NFL in general and I wasn’t seeing a ton of new content. So I started following every NHL and NFL team and now my athletic feed is constantly filled with tons and tons of new stories (more than I can keep up with)

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
True, tho his release isn’t on par with theirs.
no doubt on his release, but his around the net game is fantastic, after eichel and jeff he'd probably be the closest one after those two to get 30, oloffson has an amazing shot but we don't know yet if he's a complimentary player or a line driver, if not he can ride shotgun with jack and still probably pot 20 goals next season

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Really? I absolutely love the athletic. They consistently have some of sports content on the web IMO.

One thing to try, if you aren’t doing this already - follow every NHL (and NFL) team.

At first I was just following my hometown teams and the NHL + NFL in general and I wasn’t seeing a ton of new content. So I started following every NHL and NFL team and now my athletic feed is constantly filled with tons and tons of new stories (more than I can keep up with)

I follow 3-4 teams.
Blackhawks have good coverage. Wings coverage is not very good.

Stuff like Pronman? That stuff is free all over the internet.
That stats stuff? Free all over the internet.

They don't break news more than than TSN's guys or whoever.

The long-form stuff has been replaced by cookie-cutter stuff.

All the stories with annoying question headlines, and no answers in the text.

And the truth is, they provide the same sort of homeristic beat-writing bullshit as 80 percent of the market. Because guys like Custance and co have book deals to think about.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
no doubt on his release, but his around the net game is fantastic, after eichel and jeff he'd probably be the closest one after those two to get 30, oloffson has an amazing shot but we don't know yet if he's a complimentary player or a line driver, if not he can ride shotgun with jack and still probably pot 20 goals next season
Agreed, Sam is great around the crease. Similiar to ROR in that aspect :naughty:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Hey, he hits more than Garrioch and a few other 'insiders' and they're not stuck with their own disclaimer... His output is just unmatched as he reports literally everything that comes across his desk.

I mean, I could hit more if I spouted whatever nonsense came to me too.

Eklund has more “hits” because he takes about one hundred times the swings.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Im interested in the 5 player specific, a nugget like that tells me someone has told him something pretty specifc. Id assume the wings were getting the better end of the deal from parts 2-5

Reactions: Hellinator

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
don't understand why Detroit would even consider trading their still young best scoring winger? especially for a defensively challenged d-man like Risto? :huh:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
While I'm no Eklund fan, and no, I don't believe a trade will occur, I've seen enough tape on Seider to tell you straoght out he's still a couple years off. Good draft pick in that slot for value? Sure, but he wouldn't crack the top 6 D on any NHL team right now, his foot speed needs to improve vastly and his decision making with the puck 100% needs to improve. Like I said, a good selection value wise for 6th OA, but no way in hell is he immediate help. A couole seasons developing, and yea, he'll be good to go imo.
I haven't seen as much of Seider as I wanted to but I did see some. That guy has always risen to the occasion. I found his decision making with the puck solid. Surely he can play a 5 or 6 role. If that is the best for him is another discussion.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Risto has often been put in a position to fail to date in his career. I see a player I like more often than not when I flip on the Sabres. That isn't to say he is perfect, but the dude looks like a top 4 d-man to me. I think he takes too much heat. It's pretty tough being out there for well over a 1/3 of the game on a bad team, with bad systems and poor goaltending. Heck we know Doughty is a great player and look at the year he just had. Some very good players wind up being in some tough spots by the nature of the profession. While I don't like this deal for Detroit, I don't think Risto sucks quite breaks it down, respectfully.

It's nice to finally see at least 1 person who isn't a Sabres fan recognize that the way Risto's been used by the Sabres over his career made it very, very difficult for him to succeed.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
don't understand why Detroit would even consider trading their still young best scoring winger? especially for a defensively challenged d-man like Risto? :huh:

I wouldn't call Risto offensively gifted either at 5v5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad