Eklund Rumor: Detroit interested in Ristolainen for Mantha

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
He can barely get over the 40 point mark playing 25 minutes a game (41, 45, 41, 43) and getting all the premium offensive/PP opportunities for the team. But cutting his ice time significantly and taking away many of those offensive opportunities he's still going to put up the same amount of points he had been? That seems like wishful thinking.
I think you meant * consistently gets over 40 pts

Reactions: nbwingsfan

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
On this team maybe, but this thread is talking about a possible trade to Detroit.

As I stated in my previous post " That is a coach that is trying to make something he isn't. If that is something you can't use, that's understandable. " I think Buffalo would fall under the category "something you don't need" That being said he still got 43 points with Dahlin on the team for the whole season. So it wasn't like his point production was replaced.

It took half the season for Housley to figure out Dahlin should be on PP1. And even then he put Risto or Dahlin on the half wall so they'd both be on the ice.

Risto would benefit most from a team that needs a PPQB and maybe Detroit has that need. They also seem to lack high end defensemen that would slot Risto properly down the lineup, so he might end up being tasked with doing a lot of the heavy lifting again which he hasn't been able to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirloinUB

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
It took half the season for Housley to figure out Dahlin should be on PP1. And even then he put Risto or Dahlin on the half wall so they'd both be on the ice.

Risto would benefit most from a team that needs a PPQB and maybe Detroit has that need. They also seem to lack high end defensemen that would slot Risto properly down the lineup, so he might end up being tasked with doing a lot of the heavy lifting again which he hasn't been able to do.
No, we're good with Green & Hronek + Cholowski (he should be in DET for a good portion of the year, if not all of it). Ideally we have/need (2) 2-way 1st pairing Dmen, then everyone is slotted properly. (Slavin, Pietrangelo, Josi, Pesce, maybe even a Brodie or Barrie).

XX-XX
DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Bowey
Cholowski-Kaski

Green traded by TDL or before. Ericsson/Daley=traded/dumped/LTIR'd, sent down to Grand Rapids.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
How is it?
Just... ‘meh’. I’ve never been a big fan of anchor bar anyway, and without the dive-y charm of the original restaurant, it was just like any other place that has decent wings.

Having moved away from Buffalo almost 10 years ago, randomly stumbling upon it was pretty cool though.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No, we're good with Green & Hronek + Cholowski (he should be in DET for a good portion of the year, if not all of it). Ideally we have/need (2) 2-way 1st pairing Dmen, then everyone is slotted properly. (Slavin, Pietrangelo, Josi, Pesce, maybe even a Brodie or Barrie).

XX-XX
DDK-Hronek
Nemeth-Bowey
Cholowski-Kaski

Green traded by TDL or before. Ericsson/Daley=traded/dumped/LTIR'd, sent down to Grand Rapids.

We could definitely use someone like Ristolainen.

As you said, Green will be gone at the TDL this season (and is always injured anyways), Hronek looks good but still unproven and Cholo just isn’t ready yet.

I’m not sure if Mantha is the guy to give up, but we’re in no position to be turning down top 4D.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Eklund, lol

I would prefer Yzerman hold out and not trade our top forwards. Unless it's a steal like Trouba. They are really one of our few trade pieces and I would rather see Detroit's current prospect and draft stock on D develop than trading away the forward core when we might not need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad