Proposal: Detroit-Anaheim

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
That is the phase that this team entered into when Lindholm and Vatanen came up for raises. We aren't going to be able to keep the team afloat on ELCs anymore. Players are going to come and go. The team doesn't have two seasons to wait for people on their ELCs to round out their game. Every move has to be rooted in the present. Tatar is that. Stan Bowman isn't fretting over the fact that he may have to find a way to move salary every summer. He just does it. Dean Lombardi also does that. That's what you have to do when you want to contend. The window isn't going to stay open forever. The only way that the team moves Fowler for someone that needs work is if the reward is at the top tier, like a replacement for Getzlaf. I don't see any way that we're going to get that, so focusing on pieces for the present are going to have to do.

Yea, Anaheim doesn't operate like either Chicago or LA. I think you know that.

Edit: And if they did, they would't be trading Fowler at all. They'd be selling off guys on ELC's and draft picks/prospects for win now pieces. Leaning on ELC's is exactly what this team is going to do. Who do you think is going to make up our bottom 6? You think BM is going to go out there and sign 4 more forwards?

Stan Bowman and Lombardi don't have to care about moving money. They can buy people out at will and bury people in the minors. They can also spend to the cap each and every year. Your're comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Can Fowler play the right side if need be, I would tend to believe that if Holland truly does trade for Cam Fowler that he would be on the right side top pairing along with Danny DeKeyser at least that would be my take any ways.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Can Fowler play the right side if need be, I would tend to believe that if Holland truly does trade for Cam Fowler that he would be on the right side top pairing along with Danny DeKeyser at least that would be my take any ways.

In the past fowler hasn't looked very comfortable on his off side. It's been a few years since that's been tried again though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad