Proposal: Detroit-Anaheim

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I'm not a fan of either team. But it seems Detroit is looking for a top tier defenseman, and Anaheim needs to unload salary (Fowler) in order to re-sign Lindholm.

To Detroit:
D- C. Fowler

To Anaheim:
F- T. Jurco
F- A. Mantha
2017 2nd round pick

Detroit gets a top-pair, pick moving defenseman. Anaheim gets two cheap wingers who can play either side, are both bigger players and are left handed shots, as preferred by Bob Murray, one of whom is a premium prospect.

To me this is a fair deal all the way around.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I'm not a fan of either team. But it seems Detroit is looking for a top tier defenseman, and Anaheim needs to unload salary (Fowler) in order to re-sign Lindholm.

To Detroit:
D- C. Fowler

To Anaheim:
F- T. Jurco
F- A. Mantha
2017 2nd round pick

Detroit gets a top-pair, pick moving defenseman. Anaheim gets two cheap wingers who can play either side, are both bigger players and are left handed shots, as preferred by Bob Murray, one of whom is a premium prospect.

To me this is a fair deal all the way around.
Change Mantha out with someone else and I like the deal.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Change Mantha out with someone else and I like the deal.

I get that Mantha is tough to deal, but at the same time he's exactly what Anaheim needs. You need to give to get, maybe just drop the draft pick instead?

If you're dealing a player like Fowler, who's proven to be able to play 20+min per night in a big physical western conference, a prospect like Mantha is fair and Jurco is filler to even it up and give the Ducks a body in case Mantha needs some AHL time

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I get that Mantha is tough to deal, but at the same time he's exactly what Anaheim needs. You need to give to get, maybe just drop the draft pick instead?

If you're dealing a player like Fowler, who's proven to be able to play 20+min per night in a big physical western conference, a prospect like Mantha is fair and Jurco is filler to even it up and give the Ducks a body in case Mantha needs some AHL time

I understand the give to get but not Mantha, AA or Larkin for Fowler.
Fowler is a good D but not for what I consider a top Wing prospect

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Ducks say they want a proven top 6 F coming back, and Mantha is far from. This is where a Tatar or Nyquist probably makes more sense for both parties as Wings will need roughly similar cap number leaving to what they're taking in.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think something around tatar/nyquist and jurco/pulk/ or sheahan

But I wouldn't be surprised if Martha larkin and AA have been gauged by Anaheim.

Fowler usually gets fairly under rated due to certain stats not looking right, but you are talking about a 24 year old dmen whoS played aS a #1 dmen on a contender with 400 + games of nhl experience. And 49 playoff games.

In a situation where a team had a #1, Fowler is going to thrive.... I think a lot of fans are going to be mad they didn't pay for Fowler, other thing to take into consideration is there isn't much of a defense market right now.

Should be interesting and I think the wings and ducks make the most sense as trade partners I'm okay with any trade with the wings as long as 1 of Larkin AA nyquist Tatar or Martha is involved. Pulk or jurco as an add is just icing on the cake for me

Personally for me I like the one that has been talked about most,

Tatar + jurco/pulk/sheanan + pick
For
Fowler + pick

Picks used as a balancing depending on the whole trade

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Not enough going to Anaheim. Jurco has virtually no value, and Mantha is too unproven.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk that proven is much of a factor for Anaheim they are going to get a shot no matter what this season... we just don't have enough forwards and enough high end forward talent in our system

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The answer here if the Ducks will take it is

Tatar/Nyquist + Jurco/Pulkkinen.

Given the market Detroit might have to give up their second in 2017. Such is life they need the fix.

I would like to go Tatar, Jurco and 2nd if that is the ultimate choice in terms of picking what to send. Might have to be Nyquist though depending on our RFA deals. I actually think Nyquist is a spectacular fit with the big body top 6 Anaheim has. But I would like to keep him around for his playmaking ability with the size the Wings have coming in the pipeline I think he is more important than Tatar who is the better goal scorer.

Since I have seen the appearance of Sheahan more and more when we talk about this. He is not on the same level as Jurco/Pulkkinen. If it was Nyquist/Tatar + Sheahan I would expect more than Fowler back from the Ducks at that point.

Mjollner

Jan 28, 2009
Fowler is a 2-3 dman, not a top tier one. Mantha with his size and skillset is too rare of an asset to give up for that. In any case Fowler is a detroit area native and might bolt for Detroit anyways In a couple years. So would you, as a GM, give up Mantha for a couple extra years of a 2-3 dman? Dosent make much sense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler is a 2-3 dman, not a top tier one. Mantha with his size and skillset is too rare of an asset to give up for that. In any case Fowler is a detroit area native and might bolt for Detroit anyways In a couple years. So would you, as a GM, give up Mantha for a couple extra years of a 2-3 dman? Dosent make much sense.
DependS not a whole lot of options, idk how your d prospects look

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tatar+ Jurco/Pulkkinen makes too much sense. Maybe throw in Ouellet/Sproul/Smith if Anaheim wants one.

Wouldn't be surprised if the reason it hasn't happened yet is that the Ducks want Mantha/AA instead of Jurco/Pulkkinen though.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Tatar + Pulkkinen would be a decent return for Fowler.

I'd personally be willing to give up a pick to upgrade from Pulkkinen to AA, but I'm not sure what would be appropriate.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Yup, Fowler is destined to sign with the Red Wings as soon as he can, just like how Bobby Ryan would sign with the Flyers...oh wait.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yup, Fowler is destined to sign with the Red Wings as soon as he can, just like how Bobby Ryan would sign with the Flyers...oh wait.

Getzlaf and Perry look good as maple leafs :popcorn:

Same Ole thing different year.

Redwing are paying for 2 years of Fowler at 4.0 mil and then dibs on possibly extending him beyond that.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I'd do Tatar and Pulkkinen and it is a good hockey trade for both teams that makes sense.

Which is why Holland won't do it.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
So if Holland won't do it...and BM won't do it...

That means they should do it.

HF logic.

Well I dunno if BM won't do it. But Holland hasn't made a good trade for a roster player (i.e. something other than contract dumps) in like, forever, so i don't have any faith in him to make one now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well I dunno if BM won't do it. But Holland hasn't made a good trade for a roster player (i.e. something other than contract dumps) in like, forever, so i don't have any faith in him to make one now.
I think BM is hoping the market really drys up and teams get desperate and pay more... he likely wants 1 of the 3 great prospects + Tatar for Fowler and hoping wings will get desperate.

Idk I'm perfectly okay with Tatar and pulkanin/jurco plus picks from both sides to even put

mytduxfan*

I'd want Tatar and AA for Fowler.

I think Fowler will thrive in the faster, less physical East and particularly under the DET system. Meanwhile, I have reservations about Tatar in the West. He's a perimeter shooter and receives a fair amount of silky smooth passes leading up to most of his goals. I'm not sure he'd get that in ANA, particularly under RC - who loves the dump and chase. I'm not saying Tatar would fail in ANA, but I'm not convinced he'd be the 29 goal scorer or even the 25 goal scorer he's been in DET. Those perimeter areas are fiercely contested in the West and I'm not sure Tatar has the muscle or the volition to fight for them. It just doesn't seem like part of his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad